Pending: A Dozen Victor Opera / Classical Early Batwings

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
Dischoard
Victor II
Personal Text: Born in the wrong century...

Pending: A Dozen Victor Opera / Classical Early Batwings

Post by Dischoard »

Hey folks, I have a batch of 12 Victor early batwing 12" classical and opera records that I'm looking to send in one batch. If anyone is a fan of 12" shellac, classical, opera, etc I'd love to send these to a collector from the forum rather than just bringing them down to our local donation center (that still does sell shellac by the way).

These have been in my attic for 20 years and as I'm slowly going through the 1,000s of records that I have I realized that I cannot be a record library keeping everything just because it fills a place on the shelf not otherwise occupied. These have various grading, mostly just dirty from long-term storage, ranging from EX to VG+ with only one I would consider visually VG. These aren't my usual curated records, usually I would clean them in my ultrasonic cleaner, sleeve them, etc.

Selling the whole batch for $15 and that INCLUDES media mail shipping. Please though, if it turns out the post office is going to charge me more than $15 I'd ask that I can have the difference made up. I just can't imagine it'll be much more than $10 to ship this so hoping the $5 can cover box, packing, etc.

Let me know. I'm heading down to the city next week so if these don't go by then I'll mark these as sold and donate them.

Cheers!
IMG_1385.JPG
Attachments
IMG_1397.jpg
IMG_1396.JPG
IMG_1395.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG
IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1391.jpg
IMG_1390.jpg
IMG_1389.jpg
IMG_1388.jpg
IMG_1387.jpg
IMG_1386.jpg
Last edited by Dischoard on Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: For Sale: A Dozen Victor Opera / Classical Early Batwings

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Oh, SOLD, - And if you find anything else like that up there let me know! I love these kinds of records!

Charles F

Dischoard
Victor II

Post by Dischoard »

Ha, I was just about to post more, we'll talk. Sending you a PM

Dischoard
Victor II

Post by Dischoard »

Okay, apparently NOT sold as all communication has stopped. Anyone else interested? As I said I would be donating these at the end of the week and now we've lost some time... just let me know

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Re: Still For Sale: A Dozen Victor Opera / Classical Early Batwings

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Last week messed up more than I thought. I don't have a working cell phone at present and got stood up on a trade 2 hours from home. 4 hours of driving and work still on the early shift, I was nearly late to work 2 days.

Sorry I ended up going quiet there for a bit. That is a thing I tend to do which annoys everyone and myself.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Re: Pending: A Dozen Victor Opera / Classical Early Batwings

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Payment sent by PayPal this evening -- there's always room in the victrola for this kind of music.