Mystery record cabinet

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Zenger
Victor I

Mystery record cabinet

Post by Zenger »

I picked this up not long ago and am looking for any information I can find regarding who might have made it, when, etc. It's big -- measures 44 inches tall x 24 inches wide x 17 inches deep. The top 2 rows are for 10" records, and the bottom one is for 12". I do have the piece of wood trim that's missing between the top and middle rows, as you can see in picture 2. (Don't know yet if the two missing slats have fallen down behind, or if I will need to make new ones.) There is a numbered index down at the bottom (see last picture), but not one up at the top -- don't know if it would have had one originally or not. I'd be interested to see pictures of others, if anyone has any, as well as pictures of what the key should look like if anyone knows. Thanks!

(Oh, and sorry for the sideways pictures -- if you know how I can fix that, please let me know!)
Attachments
RC 1.jpg
RC 2.jpg
RC 3.jpg
RC 4.jpg
RC 5.jpg

dzavracky
Victor IV
Personal Text: college collector

Re: Mystery record cabinet

Post by dzavracky »

I can’t shed any light on the cabinet. But I use my iPhone for making posts that have pictures. I found that taking a screenshot of each picture and posting those screenshots make the pictures go the correct direction. I’m not sure about Android phones though.

Hope this helps

David

Duchesne
Victor O

Post by Duchesne »

I'm hoping the dimensions on the top don't fit just one kind of player, and that might mean it's generic instead of for specific player. It's in good shape, nice neutral style to the feet.

Zenger
Victor I

Post by Zenger »

At 17" deep, it's the right depth for a Victor VI or a Columbia BD/BJ, and would work nicely for a Victor IV, too. I was hoping someone might have some idea of who made it -- I doubt very much it was a one-off.

eighteenbelow
Victor I

Post by eighteenbelow »

I believe there are people out there who have old cabinet company catalogs...maybe it looks familiar to one of them?