Edison A250 Record Drawers

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
mustangcats
Victor Jr

Edison A250 Record Drawers

Post by mustangcats »

I recently bought an Edison A250, and have a question about the record drawers. What keeps the drawers fastened to the sliding rails, so the drawers won't fall to the floor if pulled out too far? There are slots on the rails and 2 holes on the bottom of each drawer (the part of the drawer that slides on the rails). I'm guessing that some type of hardware is attached to the bottom of the drawers and then fits in the sliding rails. Thanks for any help.

EarlH
Victor III

Re: Edison A250 Record Drawers

Post by EarlH »

Mine has screws up from the bottom with washers between the screw head and drawer. They are kind of a pain to get in and that's probably why someone didn't put them back in place. Maybe the picture will help.
Attachments
DSC01772.JPG

mustangcats
Victor Jr

Post by mustangcats »

Thanks. I was thinking something like that would work. I'll have to give it a try. I'm also from North Central Iowa!

EarlH
Victor III

Post by EarlH »

That's funny that you are from this part of the world as well. This is definitely Edison country! If your Edison came from Mason City, it probably came from Chambers. Vance had the Victor franchise, and I'm not sure when Trafford's came along, but it was probably after the A and B machines were being offered.
Attachments
Chambers Music House.jpg

mustangcats
Victor Jr

Post by mustangcats »

I don't know anything about the prior history of my Edison or where it was purchased. I bought it a few weeks ago at an auction in my town, and only paid $80 for it. It came with 39 Edison Diamond Discs plus a lot of shellac 78's. It only took a few minor adjustments to get it working. Mine has the volume control on the reproducer tube.

EarlH
Victor III

Post by EarlH »

That A-250 I bought awhile back came with the volume control on the reproducer as well. That early one with the ball in the horn and the lever that gets pulled up is kind of a pain. The one with the knob that gets turned seems like the better option in these early machines, but that must have cost more money as they only seem to show up on the really expensive diamond disk machines.