Who rebuilds reproducers?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
edisonphono
Victor O

Re: Who rebuilds reproducers?

Post by edisonphono »

I've conservatively rebuilt at least 1500 reproducers in my 40+ years in this hobby.
I also manufacture and sell (in bulk quantities) the following reproducer gaskets:

Columbia Grafonola
Columbia large floating weight
Columbia small floating weight
Edison model C-H-K
Edison Amberola
Edison Diamond Disc
Victor Victrola #2 red sponge silicone

Regards,
Bill Meyer
Syracuse, N.Y.
http://ascobill.wix.com/edisonphono

mattrx
Victor IV

Post by mattrx »

PeterF wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:36 pm For those, Steve Medved’s excellent. Turnaround time can vary, but the results are always top notch. He’s meticulous and so takes a lot of time, and unkind people have at times hassled him over that. Please know that going in, and everyone will come away happy.
I second this statement. Steve has done a number of reproducers for me over the last few years and his work is excellent. The ones he did for me this past summer had a fast turn around as well (~2 weeks at most). I highly recommend his work, and he's a very nice guy as well. My 2 cents.

Matt

UpstateNYBilly
Victor O
Personal Text: Phonatic

Post by UpstateNYBilly »

Bill Meyer is someone who I have used for all my phonograph work in the past ten years. He's based out of Syracuse and he does expert rebuilding of all types of reproducers. He's very affordable and his turnaround time is excellent. It would be difficult to find someone in this hobby with more integrity or as knowledgeable as he is in all aspects of the subject. He actually manufactures a lot of the gaskets and replacement parts that other restorers use. He's very thorough in his overhauling of motors and has rescued quite a few machines for me that I didn't know would come back to life so impressively. And his personal collection is insane. He's not a packrat collector. His machines are meticulously restored and beautifully displayed in a designated room. I couldn't recommend him more highly if you're looking for an alternative to some of the other folks out there who do similarly admirable work in the restoration and rebuild department. I'm so thankful to have him as a resource and consider him a good friend. Here's his contact info: https://ascobill.wixsite.com/edisonphono

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Those posts of you that are of general interests should be copied in the LINKS section for future fast reference of repair services and parts ... ;)
Inigo