Diamond Disc Reproducer Packing

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Energ15
Victor I
Personal Text: "The Denver Nightingale"

Diamond Disc Reproducer Packing

Post by Energ15 »

When I was repairing the volume control in my S-19 I noticed to the left of the horn was some kind of holder. It looks very flimsy like it was supposed to be removed at some time. I unscrewed the metal bracket on it and noticed that it fit the reproducer perfectly. Is this the original reproducer packing and have you ever seen this before?
Attachments
FILE0152.JPG

Kirkwood
Victor II

Re: Diamond Disc Reproducer Packing

Post by Kirkwood »

Yup, I've seen a few over the years. My SI-19 still has it in place. It's where I park the original DD reproducer (carefully wrapped) while I use the Edisonic reproducer for my usual listening enjoyment.

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Re: Diamond Disc Reproducer Packing

Post by NEFaurora »

Yes. You are very lucky to still have the holder there. Most dealers or previous owners removed them as per Edison's packing instructions with the machine when it was new. Be glad that you have it! - and also the attaching metal band which is almost always missing even when the reproducer holder is even found.

**An interesting note, I have seen a few new DD reproducers in their Original Cardboard packaging, and the carboard box includes the wooden holder inside.

Edison also offered New DD Reproducers in their own wooden box (which did not come with the wooden holder) when sold New also...which is also really nice. Have seen all of this stuff come up on Fleabay within the last year or so.