Credenza on CL for you east coast guys

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
ColoradoPhonograf
Victor II

Credenza on CL for you east coast guys

Post by ColoradoPhonograf »

I was doing various searches on Craigslist and spotted this deal in VA. The price is downright cheap but it is 1500 miles from me. Maybe one of you could snatch this up quickly. I'm not near by books at the moment....maybe it's a model 8-12 (?) Great buy for someone out there.

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/atq/2179093184.html

Good luck,
ColoradoPhonograf

JohnM
Victor V

Re: Credenza on CL for you east coast guys

Post by JohnM »

This would be an 8-12, not a Credenza.
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

Edisone
Victor IV

Post by Edisone »

There's a similar one for under $200 in the Buffalo area - owner has been trying to get rid of it for a while. Like this one, its arm bracket has crumbled, making it hard to sell.

bbphonoguy
Victor III

Post by bbphonoguy »

I think the price is great, but why specifically $109.00? Why not $100 or $125 or something that is more like a round number?

JHolmesesq
Victor II
Personal Text: Nashville nightingale, sing a little tune for me, croon for me...

Post by JHolmesesq »

"Would make a beautiful cabinet if the sound chamber were taken out"

I can't believe they even suggested that!

Victrolaman
Victor II

Post by Victrolaman »

The 8-12 is a very nice machine, i have a beautiful one in my collection. They are fairly uncommon. Myself i call this one the Baby Credenza. That is a steal at that price,if anyone of you are close by, id grab it for sure.
The Credenza model is so common its everywhere but not these, these dont come up often at all. Took me 10 years to find the one i have. The Credenza was the most popular and best selling Orthophonic machine hence the reason there are so many of them around. for that price id buy it today if i was close enough.

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

Well said Victrolaman. I had an 8-12 at one time. Great sound and looks in that package. Someone should definitely grab it at that price.

Jim

De Soto Frank
Victor V

Post by De Soto Frank »

I have an 8-12 that originally belonged to my maternal great-grandmother, who lived in Augusta County, VA.

They are a very nice machine; when I acquired my g-grandma's machine, it would not wind - the crank just spun freely. Turns-out there was a pin in the winding-shaft that had broken or gone missing, allowing the crank to just spin in the winding gear.

Once that was repaired, it worked fine, and has occupied a place of prominence in my parlor.
De Soto Frank