Missing parts, trying to figure out what I need

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Missing parts, trying to figure out what I need

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

In the middle of getting the Home B working again and I think something is missing here on the 2/4 conversion kit?

Course I need to redo the stripes and install the data plate but this thing won't stay in gear and whatever was here, is no longer.

Any ideas what to call it? Sorry for the noob question. I'm not familiar with conversion kits.
17118275780504134499077892058910.jpg

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Missing parts, trying to figure out what I need

Post by phonogfp »

Many years ago, after spending an afternoon adjusting one of these Amberol Attachments, I thought to myself, "Boy, I could do this much faster and easier now that I know how!" In anticipation of my declining years and the likelihood of my forgetting something, I scribbled out these tips, and I've used them a few times since. Hopefully they will be helpful to you in spite of their sloppy informality...

George P.
Tips.JPG

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

My method of making these adjustments is to send the upper works to Wyatt Marcus. He’s a genius at it.

Raphael

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Charles,

You're missing a set screw in that location. It may be a dog point set screw that's needed there. Also, 180 degrees from that set screw, there should be a small screw that holds a tiny "L" shaped piece. The ell should ride in the narrow groove at the end of the feedscrew. This controls the end play of the feedscrew.

Let me know of you need the thread size and I'll check it out for you.
DSC06546.JPG
DSC06547.JPG

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

The Phonograph Shop has the piece Jerry mentions.. I suspect Brian would have the screws as well-

https://thephonographshop.com/products/ ... screw-stop

Brad Abell