Motorboard for Standard X or X-2

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Phonofreak
Victor VI

Motorboard for Standard X or X-2

Post by Phonofreak »

A while ago, I put a wanted add for an X-2 or X Standard case. So far no luck. I tried to contact Gramps Treasures who make grilles. I called him several times but no answer or returned calls. I used the email on his website, but the emails keep getting kicked back. Is "Gramps" still around and doing this service? If not, can anyone recommend someone else to do this kind of work. There is nobody local in my area, and I don't have the tools to make one. If someone here on the Forum can make one, I sure would appreciate it. It will be beneficial to other members who need this part. The dimensions are 10 ¾" square, and ¼" thick. The center hole is 1 ¾ " in diameter. The material is plain oak plywood.
Harvey Kravitz

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Motorboard for Standard X or X-2

Post by Curt A »

I can't remember if the motorboard is recessed on that model... does is it set into a framework of molding, or is it just resting on top of the case?
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Also, do you have the rest of the case, just missing the motorboard?
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Uncle Vanya
Victor IV

Post by Uncle Vanya »

I have a couple of motor boards, but they all must be re-veneered ( a rather common problem with this machine).

If you can wait a bit until I can get to it I'll send one on to you. if you need it, I have a number of complete cabinets from these machines, some of which have good decals.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Curt, The motor board just rests on top of the case and is held on by 4 wood screws. Uncle Vanya, Sure, I'd be interested in what you have. I can re-veneer the top and bottom. I do have the complete case. I just need the motor board to complete the case. Before I forget, the motor sits on the bottom of the case. The motor board just covers the motor. So, it isn't a true motor board as we know it.
Harvey Kravitz