"Thomas Edison-Inventing Entertainment"

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Neophone
Victor III

"Thomas Edison-Inventing Entertainment"

Post by Neophone »

Folks,

Here's a very interesting page or two from the LoC on our old friend TAE:

Inventing Entertainment; The Motion Pictures & Sound recordings of the Edison Companies

(There's a bit in there about those funny records that are shaped like toilet paper roll tubes for those of you who were asking about them ;) )

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

bostonmike1
Victor I

Re: "Thomas Edison-Inventing Entertainment"

Post by bostonmike1 »

hello my friends( and with all due respect John,BITE ME!--------this is a good site to view. the "toilet paper rolls" allowed the"frisbey" flat disks to even exist. give me a year, and i will bring John all my friends here to the "correct side! sell or just give away your victrolas and be a collector of the GENIUS of the phonograph (Edison)----COME OUT OF THE DARK SIDE! you know you want to do it!i have faith in each and everyone of you----but i see Neophone may take some time. your friend michael just for the record---to borrow a phrase from the younger generation CYLINDERS RULE!

Neophone
Victor III

Re: "Thomas Edison-Inventing Entertainment"

Post by Neophone »

bostonmike1 wrote:hello my friends( and with all due respect John,BITE ME!--------this is a good site to view. the "toilet paper rolls" allowed the"frisbey" flat disks to even exist. give me a year, and i will bring John all my friends here to the "correct side! sell or just give away your victrolas and be a collector of the GENIUS of the phonograph (Edison)----COME OUT OF THE DARK SIDE! you know you want to do it!i have faith in each and everyone of you----but i see Neophone may take some time. your friend michael just for the record---to borrow a phrase from the younger generation CYLINDERS RULE!
Michael,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the chuckle!

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!