Edisonic and Long Playing Consoles Survey

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
toysbyroy
Victor I

Re: Edisonic and Long Playing Consoles Survey

Post by toysbyroy »

I am happy to announce that I am the new proud owner of the Edisonic that was posted in Oklahoma City (Thanks dzavracky!). I brought it home today and will post answers to the survey a.s.a.p. Thanks, Roy
Attachments
Edisonic6.jpg
Edisonic1.jpg
Edisonic2.jpg
Edisonic3.jpg
Edisonic4.jpg
Edisonic 5.jpg
Last edited by toysbyroy on Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dzavracky
Victor IV
Personal Text: college collector

Post by dzavracky »

toysbyroy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:47 pm I am happy to announce that I am the new proud owner of the Edisonic that was posted in Oklahoma City (Thanks dzavracky!). I brought it home today and will post answers to the survey a.s.a.p. Thanks, Roy
You're welcome! I am happy a forum member was able to get it ;)

Can you post some pictures of it?

David

EarlH
Victor III

Post by EarlH »

I just saw this on ebay and it makes me wonder if this might be what happened to some of those Edison cabinets that they cleared out towards the end of the 20's and into the 30's? Usually when it's a "home conversion" they don't go to much effort to change the name of the company that's already on the cabinet. It's a 2C cabinet but not really in great shape. Here's a link to the ad and a couple of photos below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203691696853?h ... Sw-0thixMj
Attachments
Edison lpa.jpg
Edison lpb.jpg

toysbyroy
Victor I

Post by toysbyroy »

Fran: this is the info from the Edisonic machine I bought in Oklahoma City:

1) What is the model? Schubert(CLT), Beethoven(BN), Long Playing console: CLT

2) What is the serial number on the dataplate? "1026"

3) Is there a speed control knob present in the left hand corner of the motor-plate? "NO"

4) What finish is present on the hardware and reproducer? "Gun-metal"

5) Which reproducer(s) are present? "Edisonic"

6) Does your Phonograph (Schubert/Beethoven owners) have the Long and Short gearing present? "NO"

7) Does your Phonograph have the "10 and 12 inch" buttons present? "NO"

8) Are there any other special attachments present: Such as; tone arm adapters, other soundboxes or reproducers, single or double reproducer holder, needle cups, or any other interesting additional features? Please list each with any observed manufacturer identification, if possible. NONE

9) Are there any original documents or dealer identification with, or fastened to, your Phonograph? Please describe in detail with location if affixed to Phonograph. NO

10) What is the Cabinet Factory No. (if a sticker is present inside the horn compartment)? "Cabinet Factory No.18"

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Hi Roy, congratulations on your acquisition! I notice that the decal is the rare version declaring "The New Edison Phonograph". If you'll read through the posts in this thread viewtopic.php?p=275050#p275050 you'll find some discussion on the topic.

This unit has not been previously recorded by me, and I'm not seeing it in our companion survey maintained by pughphonos Inventory of Beethoven and Schubert Edisonic phonographs, which can be found by following this link: viewtopic.php?p=96869#p96869

I will record your data and appreciate your contribution!

Thanks,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

fran604g wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:39 pm
JohnM wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:25 am 1. 1-C
2. 2463
3. No
4. Gun Metal
5. Regular F65441/Long Play LG 3891
6. N/A
7. No
8. Double holder
9. No
10. None

Machine found via Facebook Marketplace in Eloy, Arizona. 26 records in cabinet — 14 electrics, 12 late-acoustics; no Long Play discs.
Thank you very much John. Just curious, how're the doors? Are they still intact and original? I'm not sure I can say that I've ever actually seen a 1-C completely intact before.
Cheers,
Fran
Sorry I took so long to respond, Fran. Here’s a photo of the front of my 1-C Long Play. The panels on the left and right doors have been covered with a fabric and the decorative elements are, of course, over the fabric. I’m certain that the knobs aren’t original.
8FCA596C-D5D8-410F-9F6A-D4F7E37C965C.jpeg
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

JohnM wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:08 am
fran604g wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:39 pm
JohnM wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:25 am 1. 1-C
2. 2463
3. No
4. Gun Metal
5. Regular F65441/Long Play LG 3891
6. N/A
7. No
8. Double holder
9. No
10. None

Machine found via Facebook Marketplace in Eloy, Arizona. 26 records in cabinet — 14 electrics, 12 late-acoustics; no Long Play discs.
Thank you very much John. Just curious, how're the doors? Are they still intact and original? I'm not sure I can say that I've ever actually seen a 1-C completely intact before.
Cheers,
Fran
Sorry I took so long to respond, Fran. Here’s a photo of the front of my 1-C Long Play. The panels on the left and right doors have been covered with a fabric and the decorative elements are, of course, over the fabric. I’m certain that the knobs aren’t original.
8FCA596C-D5D8-410F-9F6A-D4F7E37C965C.jpeg
Thank you kindly, John. It's wonderful that the appropriate decorative pieces are with the doors. I'd love to see an entirely original intact 1-C. In time, perhaps if I live long enough. ;)

Happiest of holidays to you and yours,
Fran
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

EarlH
Victor III

Post by EarlH »

Here's an LC-1 I refinished this summer. It looks pretty good, but wouldn't add anything to your survey since the motor was gone when I got it. It seemed a shame to leave the case empty, so I put a motor in it and gave it away. They are nice machines and actually are quite nice looking I think, but the larger machines definitely have heavier cabinets. The serial number is 3062 on the id tag.
Attachments
LC-1 Edison.JPG
Last edited by EarlH on Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

That looks great Earl, was the dataplate still present?

Cheers,
Fran

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

A friend who knows of my phono phixation just sent me these photos of an Edisonic Schubert, no. 4413, he spotted for sale at an (unidentified) antique mall in West Virginia. It appears to be in decent shape save for having very wrong door pulls and a fair number of scratches to the top, and for once the price isn't somewhere up in the stratosphere. Apologies if we already have this one; a search for the serial number didn't turn it up.
Attachments
imagejpeg_0004.jpg
imagejpeg_0015.jpg
imagejpeg_0008.jpg
imagejpeg_1.jpg
imagejpeg_0010.jpg
imagejpeg_0011.jpg
imagejpeg_0014.jpg
imagejpeg_0009.jpg