Edisonic and Long Playing Consoles Survey

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
chewy
Victor O

Re: Edisonic and Long Playing Consoles Survey

Post by chewy »

what does it say below 'new edison phonograph' on that pic?
phonophan79 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:24 pm Mine may already be in the survey... but here is my 3-C.

1) What is the model? Long Playing console: 3-C

2) What is the serial number on the dataplate? "675"

3) Is there a speed control knob present in the left hand corner of the motor-plate? "YES"

4) What finish is present on the hardware and reproducer? "Gun-metal"

5) Which reproducer(s) are present? "Regular"

6) Does your Phonograph (Schubert/Beethoven owners) have the Long and Short gearing present? "YES"

7) Does your Phonograph have the "10 and 12 inch" buttons present? "YES"

8) Are there any other special attachments present: double reproducer holder

or any other interesting additional features? "New Laboratory Model" on decal

9) Are there any original documents or dealer identification with, or fastened to, your Phonograph? "NO"

10) What is the Cabinet Factory No. (if a sticker is present inside the horn compartment)? "N/A"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62mP1x46T8

Video is a few years old now... I should probably make a new HD video for posterity. I pretty much never play these long play discs (for good reason!).

chewy
Victor O

Post by chewy »

chewy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:52 pm what does it say below 'new edison phonograph' on that pic- on the logo?
phonophan79 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:24 pm Mine may already be in the survey... but here is my 3-C.

1) What is the model? Long Playing console: 3-C

2) What is the serial number on the dataplate? "675"

3) Is there a speed control knob present in the left hand corner of the motor-plate? "YES"

4) What finish is present on the hardware and reproducer? "Gun-metal"

5) Which reproducer(s) are present? "Regular"

6) Does your Phonograph (Schubert/Beethoven owners) have the Long and Short gearing present? "YES"

7) Does your Phonograph have the "10 and 12 inch" buttons present? "YES"

8) Are there any other special attachments present: double reproducer holder

or any other interesting additional features? "New Laboratory Model" on decal

9) Are there any original documents or dealer identification with, or fastened to, your Phonograph? "NO"

10) What is the Cabinet Factory No. (if a sticker is present inside the horn compartment)? "N/A"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62mP1x46T8

Video is a few years old now... I should probably make a new HD video for posterity. I pretty much never play these long play discs (for good reason!).

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

I don't know if this one is in the database yet, but an Edisonic Schubert has shown up in Oklahoma City, as flagged in this "Craigslist alerts" thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50976

The two photos are not terribly informative, but I downloaded and enlarged one, which revealed the serial number is 1026. From the other photo, I gather it's missing the little wooden sleeve on the cuing lever.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

drh wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:09 am I don't know if this one is in the database yet, but an Edisonic Schubert has shown up in Oklahoma City, as flagged in this "Craigslist alerts" thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50976

The two photos are not terribly informative, but I downloaded and enlarged one, which revealed the serial number is 1026. From the other photo, I gather it's missing the little wooden sleeve on the cuing lever.
Thank you sir, I appreciate your continued participation in the project! I've downloaded images to attach here for posterity. I'll check my spreadsheet later and enter if neccessary.

Cheers,
Fran
00L0L_6u0wiY6Cz8Iz_0CI0t2_600x450 (1).jpg
00L0L_6u0wiY6Cz8Iz_0CI0t2_600x450 (1).jpg (21.97 KiB) Viewed 855 times
00h0h_4c6pcn1PxAlz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00h0h_4c6pcn1PxAlz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg (22.99 KiB) Viewed 855 times
00606_leG3V7cyypsz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00606_leG3V7cyypsz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg (27.36 KiB) Viewed 855 times
00b0b_9OgBwRk24CIz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00b0b_9OgBwRk24CIz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg (25.89 KiB) Viewed 855 times
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

I'm wondering, will the results of these surveys be published here, or only on the APS forum to draw more members away from here?

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

gramophoneshane wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:45 am I'm wondering, will the results of these surveys be published here, or only on the APS forum to draw more members away from here?
The results of this survey will remain here in perpetuity. There's also a companion "registry" post that I assume the same.

If, or when, any future article(s) may arise from the study, I can't say how the information will be disseminated. Frankly there isn't much to report that has not already been made public in both research posts, and in Frow's work. I don't know what more can be said of the subjects.

Unless - of course - some new, important information surfaces, at which time I would hope something comprehensive can be compiled.

As for your insinuation that somehow this study (and/or others) will be used to lure people anywhere, that's absurd. At least in the opinion of yours truly.

Best regards,
Fran
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

1. 1-C
2. 2463
3. No
4. Gun Metal
5. Regular F65441/Long Play LG 3891
6. N/A
7. No
8. Double holder
9. No
10. None

Machine found via Facebook Marketplace in Eloy, Arizona. 26 records in cabinet — 14 electrics, 12 late-acoustics; no Long Play discs.
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

JohnM wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:25 am 1. 1-C
2. 2463
3. No
4. Gun Metal
5. Regular F65441/Long Play LG 3891
6. N/A
7. No
8. Double holder
9. No
10. None

Machine found via Facebook Marketplace in Eloy, Arizona. 26 records in cabinet — 14 electrics, 12 late-acoustics; no Long Play discs.
Thank you very much John. Just curious, how're the doors? Are they still intact and original? I'm not sure I can say that I've ever actually seen a 1-C completely intact before.
Cheers,
Fran

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

gramophoneshane wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:45 am I'm wondering, will the results of these surveys be published here, or only on the APS forum to draw more members away from here?
I'm just curious - - who is attempting to draw members away from here? Are different forums mutually exclusive?

George P.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

phonogfp wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:58 pm
I'm just curious - - who is attempting to draw members away from here? Are different forums mutually exclusive?

George P.
For my part, I am totally promiscuous when it comes to phonograph forums :lol:

Andreas