Electrola 7-26

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Ampico66
Victor I

Electrola 7-26

Post by Ampico66 »

Who rebuilds Victor horseshoe magnet pickups? I'm working on the Radiola 18 that's in my Electrola 7-26 and have some questions about it. Has anyone rebuilt a Radiola 18 that they could give me some advice? Talking by phone might be easier. I have photos I could send of the chassis with digital editing I did to illustrate my questions.

Damon

richardh

Re: Electrola 7-26

Post by richardh »

Hi, try this link. I have heard good things about them although I haven't yet tried them myself.

http://www.west-techservices.com/p1h.htm

RJ 8-)

ChuckA
Victor III
Personal Text: Learn from the mistakes of others - You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Post by ChuckA »

Damon,

There isn't much that usually goes wrong with Radiola 18's, no electrolytic caps to short, no tapped power resistors to open. The main problem with the 7-26, other than it's lack of sound quality, unless you have the version with the field coil speaker, is the input transformer for the pickup. The tap side opens, the radio works fine but no phono.

Make sure you burnish the transfer switch contacts (record/radio switch). And of course the pickup needs new damping rubbers, armature rubber and magnet recharged.

Chuck

beaumonde
Victor III

Post by beaumonde »

Damon, you should definitely post some photos of your 7-26 if you can. Let everyone drool over the nice original albums that you got with it!
Adam