cragslist alert: ** SOMEONE SHOULD GRAB THIS NOW **

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

cragslist alert: ** SOMEONE SHOULD GRAB THIS NOW **

Post by phonophan79 »

Located in Post Falls, WA and listed on Spokane craigslist...

This looks to be a 1-C Long Play phonograph with, long play gearing and dual reproducers.

THEY'RE SELLING FOR $60 ... SOMEONE SHOULD GRAB THIS ASAP!

Unforunately, someone put needle point flowers in place of a grill? ...but at this price it's WELL worth it.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/fuo/1326128062.html

phonophan79
Victor IV

Re: cragslist alert: ** SOMEONE SHOULD GRAB THIS NOW **

Post by phonophan79 »

This is a pretty fair price as well...

Looks like an Edison Standard Cylinder phonograph, with lid and horn and crane and cylinders for $200.

Tampa, FL

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/atq/1324525938.html

downsouth
Victor III

Post by downsouth »

The Edison Standard in Tampa is already SOLD and is coming to my house! I paid for it today.

Wes

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

downsouth wrote:The Edison Standard in Tampa is already SOLD and is coming to my house! I paid for it today.

Wes
Congrats! That looks like one big horn. :)

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

phonophan79 wrote:This is a pretty fair price as well...

Looks like an Edison Standard Cylinder phonograph, with lid and horn and crane and cylinders for $200.

Tampa, FL

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/atq/1324525938.html
That's NOT a Standard! You may have gotten an even better deal then you think. It almost looks like a Triumph!!!!! :o :shock: If not that it's defiantly a Home.... The horn crane it self can be $150 to $250... the horn to the right person is $50 to $100...So you made our good.... if you didn't snatch it... I would've... ;) CONGRATS!!

Aaron

EDIT!: Oh wait...then again... it does almost look like a Standard depend on how you look at it? :?: :? :?: :? :?

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Aaron wrote:That's NOT a Standard! You may have gotten an even better deal then you think. It almost looks like a Triumph!!!!! :o :shock: If not that it's defiantly a Home.... The horn crane it self can be $150 to $250... the horn to the right person is $50 to $100...So you made our good.... if you didn't snatch it... I would've... ;) CONGRATS!!

Aaron

EDIT!: Oh wait...then again... it does almost look like a Standard depend on how you look at it? :?: :? :?: :? :?
No, you're right, this is not a Standard at all. To what I can see it looks more like a Home than a Triumph but the thumb pictures are really small... :?

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

I punched the images up a few times and I believe it is a Standard.
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

downsouth
Victor III

Post by downsouth »

The person that had it said that it was a Standard, but if it shows up to be something else, then more the better. I know it is a common machine, but it is a good-looking combination. I will let you know exactly what it is when it arrives.

Wes

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

My vote is with Standard - there is no feedscrew adjacent to the mandrel like Home or Triumph.

downsouth
Victor III

Post by downsouth »

OK Guys.....The Edison arrived today and it is an Edison Standard model "A" with a nice banner decal, nice "green" oak finish, 2/4 minute gearing w/gear cover and a model "H" reproducer. Machine is pretty much in nice original condition. The horn is all brass 30 inch with a 16.5 inch bell made by the Standard Metal Manufacturing Co. The floor crane is a nice original two piece and it even has the original chain. The cylinders are junk and the crank has a chipped off piece, but all in all, I think I did pretty well.

Wes