Very Tiny Horn

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: Very Tiny Horn

Post by gramophoneshane »

Congratulations Shane! You've got to be happy with that result!
If you don't mind me asking, what country is it heading for?

Shane
Victor II

Post by Shane »

Hey thanks Shane! I was just about to PM you and thank you for your help. It is actually heading to the United States. I've noticed that most of my phonograph related sales stay here in the US, while most of my LP and 45 sales go overseas.

ishkabibble
Victor Jr

Post by ishkabibble »

That is really cool and brings back memories for me. As a kid, I had a suitcase portable (don't remember the brand) that came with that type of mini-horn. An elderly lady was downsizing to a smaller apartment; she was a friend of a relative and my dad some how found out about the portable she had. The lady knew my folks and me and said I could have it along with her records. My dad stopped by after work to pick it up. She wanted to play it one more time before giving it up and in the process, part of the pot metal on the tone arm crumbled. I was very disappointed when he came home with it, but was happy anyway to get the records. Remember dad telling me "you can't repair white metal!" I still have the records but the portable along with the tiny horn long ago went into a landfill somewhere. :cry: