How do you store and display your collections?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
toysbyroy
Victor I

Re: How do you store and display your collections?

Post by toysbyroy »

My wife has generously granted me one extra bedroom in which to display my phonographs, so I had to make the most of it....a little crowded, but may have room for 1 or 2 more! :D
Attachments
PhonoRoom2.jpg
PhonoRoom1.jpg

toysbyroy
Victor I

Post by toysbyroy »

Forgot to include the "record closet". Roy
Attachments
RecordCloset.jpg

rvwenger
Victor I

Post by rvwenger »

Zwebie wrote:Thru the years I have owned many machines, but as all collectors, I have evolved.
When I started I focused on Victrolas, which were all that I could afford. Next I went to Union and started collecting Edison cylinder players and Indestructible Cylinders. Then open horn Victors, I thru VI. But, in the last few years, due to my wifes urging, I have downsized to smaller machines. So far I am very pleased with the direction my collection has gone, and hope to enjoy the fruits of my labors for years to come.

Cheers, Bob S.

(By the way, I still have kept my favorite Victrola)

Your favorite Victrola is my dream Victrola. Some day a Circassian Walnut will be mine :-) Nice collection. It's great to show my wife that my small collection ( 14 Victrolas) is minor league compared to others. I have zero Victors.

OldRestorer
Victor III

Post by OldRestorer »

toysbyroy wrote:Forgot to include the "record closet". Roy
Haha,
I have a restored Bing Crosby too!
What a pain to restore :)
I dislike Photofinish...A lot... :lol:

As for the OP I think I have the largest Berliner collection in the US but due to insurance reasons I cannot post pictures.. :mrgreen:
Seriously though, I only own 6 crankers and that is the most I have ever owned. I have an Amberola III with no legs in Mahogany, an Edison A-300 in Circassian, A Gem, an A-100 in Fumed oak, an Edison C-250, and a Royal tabletop in oak.
Thats it...

Now Radios.... I have a few hundred of those. :lol:

As for a display, I have them in a mock 1930's store in my house. It is a replica of a store in NYC and nothing is newer than 1937. I have shelves to put up, Pedestals and risers to make, and a front show window to put in. We just renovated the house so noting is done yet...
Attachments
00c0c_3wD2XILyFtt_600x450.jpg
00c0c_3wD2XILyFtt_600x450.jpg (42.59 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
IMG_3979.JPG
IMG_6593.jpg
It's not what you say... It's what you do...