North American Class M

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
yvonne
Victor Jr

North American Class M

Post by yvonne »

I have a north american Class M. It was part of my fathers estate, and as I am not a collector, I am looking to find a good home for it.

Please advise as to where I am likely to get the best price. The proceeds go to care for my mother

However, according to the plaque, you can't use it if you live in New Jersey :lol:
Attachments
20170606_075102[1].jpg

hearsedriver
Victor III

Re: North American Class M

Post by hearsedriver »

Wow! The experts will soon chime in but, you are sitting on a gold mine:) The large auction houses such as Skinners would probably generate the highest price but there are hefty fees involved. A serious collector with deep pockets would be a good alternative.
Some History: http://edisontinfoil.com/classm.htm

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Post by NEFaurora »

Whoa..!!

What a find!

Talk about finding a lost treasure!

What is the going rate now for the last good Class M that sold?

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer

yvonne
Victor Jr

Post by yvonne »

I'm helping my mother liquidate my grandfather's estate.

Thing is, we have no desire to make an auction house or dealer money and I would rather have it go to somebody who collects and values these things.

The money goes to fund my mother's care, so we want a fair value.

We could work through a local New Mexico broker or dealer so that whoever was buying it would know that they are getting what they think they are.

I am hoping to find somebody who really wants to add this to their collection, not just somebody who wants to flip it for profit. That said, sold is sold.

yvonne
Victor Jr

Post by yvonne »

20170606_075124[1].jpg
Here is the name plate

yvonne
Victor Jr

Post by yvonne »

here is another
Attachments
20170606_075132[1].jpg

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

The best price to get is to list it on ebay or an auction house, or contact Stanton's. They specialize with antique phonographs..
Harvey Kravitz

yvonne
Victor Jr

Post by yvonne »

Here are some more photos

I think the SN is 5050?
Attachments
20170606_110117[1].jpg
20170606_110128[1].jpg

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

eBay may fetch the highest dollar, but don't be surprised if you get a solid offer from your posting here. Hope mom benefits well from this sale. It should definitely help!

DonleyAuctions
Victor O

Post by DonleyAuctions »

Congratulations on acquiring this wonderful machine to help care for your Mother. You have come to the right place to determine the best source for selling this beauty.

I understand your concerns of selling this item through an auction house. However, this is where you will get the highest price.

My name is Randy Donley, owner of Donley Auctions in Union, IL. I have specialized in the buying, selling and repairing of phonographs for over 40 years. My family owns the Wild West Town which also displays my father's phonograph collection in the museum. We are also the founders of the original Phonograph & Music Show that is going on it's 42nd year this coming weekend. We have developed relationships with many collectors over the years from all over the world!

Our auction company holds the world's record for prices on Edison Cylinder, Columbia Cylinder and Victor Disc machines. We would like to offer you our services to sell the North American Class M.

We have a fantastic phonograph auction coming up on July 15th that will be ONLINE on FOUR bidding platforms with thousands of bidders around the world and LIVE with hundreds of bidders from around the country...many of them are serious collectors that we've known for many years.

I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further. We will offer you ZERO commission on selling the machine so that all proceeds can go to the care of your mother.

My personal cellphone number is 815.790.9435. This will be a no obligation chat and I will happy to answer any and all questions/concerns you may have.

Randy Donley