Are we all here yet?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
richardh

Are we all here yet?

Post by richardh »

In scanning down the list of members (wow I can believe we have hit 49 in 12 hours!) there seem to be a few gaps..unless people have adopted new names. I am thinking here Phonofan (Dean), Brad, Bob Barnett, Portable202 (Bengt) and Leniorstreetguy (Jim). Does someone know contacts details for the first 4 and if so can you let them know where we are now. Thnak youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :D

I just sent Jim a PM from another forum to give him the new location.

Are there any others missing though? It would be a shame for them to miss out on the fun!

RJ 8-)

WDC
Victor IV

Re: Are we all here yet?

Post by WDC »

Hmm... we are certainly not complete yet but by time way may accomplish it. I contacted Starkton to migrate, unfortunately I have no mail address to tell Aaron to come over here.

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

N.,

Aaron is on YouTube isn't he? We can contact a few strays through there I think.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

gramophoneshane wrote:Don't forget Kyle either while you're on youtube ;)
S.,

Ahh yes! thanks.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

So far it has been very impressive to me just how quickly everyone seems to be finding their way back to the new site—now if only I could hurry up and do something about the blue theme, etc.

In the long run, though, I still think the move to this server is for the best.

It just needs a lot of customization. You might notice that when you post, now, you have the option of aligning your text either ‘right’ or ’center’, and I will be working on adding more BBCode tags to the board (among other things). ;)

It’s a minor thing, but I really like finally having the posts justified (blocked), rather than having a ragged right margin. I’m definitely liking that I have the ability to add more formatting niceties to this board.

Hopefully our remaining stragglers can make it over soon.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

Ohmygod! I feel like I've staggered through a snowstorm and burst through the door of the cabin. :D Here we are safe and sound! Actually I did stagger through a snowstorm yesterday...it was vile here in Toronto. But lovely to see you all again and hopefully there will be no nonsense from ....well you know what I mean. ;)
Jim

PS But I can't get my avatar to work....I miss Herbert.
Last edited by Lenoirstreetguy on Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

WDC wrote:Hmm... we are certainly not complete yet but by time way may accomplish it. I contacted Starkton to migrate, unfortunately I have no mail address to tell Aaron to come over here.

Thanks for worrying about me :D !!But i did make it! And glad to see you all back here! Ill see who else i can contact.

Aaron

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

aaron wrote: Thanks for worrying about me :D !!But i did make it! And glad to see you all back here! Ill see who else i can contact.

Aaron
Great to see that you got here. I am really optimistic by now that we will have our community back in less than two weeks, like one week.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

Well, I've finally found my way as well...thanks to a few for emailing me!

Now I need my avatar back...oh David?..

Edit...never mind...it's back!

Sean

Tampa Don
Victor Jr

Post by Tampa Don »

WOW! What happened to OTVMMB?! Or that topic taboo?
I've been trying for several days to log on to that site but to no avail. Fell upon this new board via the Edison Message Board. I was going through withdrawl. Although I did not post often on the other, I logged on daily to read the messages and gleen info. Thanks to whomever for putting this board together.
Tampa Don