Phonospace (or, "Where's Waldo?)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Phonospace (or, "Where's Waldo?)

Post by fran604g »

Django wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:15 pm Sorry about the redundant posts. I wasn't aware of this topic. I love to see the machines and displays that people have. These were taken today, music room and the new annex.
Very nice collection! Thanks for sharing, you've clearly put a lot of thought into curating.
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

tictalk
Victor II

Post by tictalk »

Very nice George, a good mix of machines , I share your taste in collecting. Larry

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

A beautiful collection very tastefully displayed.

Thanks for sharing!
Andreas

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

I haven't been super active on the T.M.F. lately but here's my recently put together corner. A shelf full of vintage books, oil lamp, telephone, a chair pulled out of the alley, and a Panatrope 15-8.

The most expensive thing here was the old Brunswick at $40--after restoration it totals up to around $125 with parts from JerryVan & a full reproducer rebuild by Wyatt M. The bookcase is an antique, dating about 1895-1930 I guess. It was $20 and the 1890-1920 Plume & Attwood lamp was $4. I "pinched" the chair out of the garbage heap in the alley on a snowy night around midnight. My old books there range from around 1878 to 1950s and were priced at free to $3, with many being around fifty cents. Works great on a college student's budget. I wish more people would realize that there's room for every budget in phonographs & in antiques in general--Many fine phonospaces in this thread are the fruit of a lot of work & a lot of expenditure, but you can have a fun little micro-setup too with stuff literally pulled out the trash.

(The Victorian pump organ on the other side of the room was about two dollars & twenty-three cents. It of course plays beautifully.)

Sorry about the blurry pictures.
IMG_20210108_065943.jpg
I kinda like taking phonographs & making little corners where the phonograph fits in for quiet enjoyment. Once I put out my c. 1929-1930 "Universal" dish heater this place will be nice & warm for autumn.

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

I spent an evening going through the entire topic. It is a treat to see so many collections and various ways of displaying them. I hope that this topic becomes more active again and more collectors share their displays.