Phonospace (or, "Where's Waldo?)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Re: Phonospace (or, "Where's Waldo?)

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

martinola wrote:Nice machines, everybody! Jim, I can't see anything wrong with the Standard. Is it the crane that's too tall or something? (I'm curious what it could be!) Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Martin
You win! The crane is a late 70's reproduction that is too high for the Standard and it doesn't look very good. The lid doesn't match the machine: it's not from a Model D Standard.
Jim

schweg
Victor III

Post by schweg »

OK crazed fellow collectors- here's some of the machines currently residing in my place. My wife puts up with my stuff being everywhere so they are all over, tastefully arranged of course. However, dusting them is up to me.

Brad
Victor III
Personal Text: So many phonographs, so little money

Post by Brad »

Amazing collections to be sure. George, impossible to top, Brian, Your collection did look great in your last place, but how cool it must be to live in the Victor building. Sean, the lacquered 130 is beautiful, as are the other collections.

Here is my modest gathering. I have my collection confined to two rooms - one devoted to machines and one to records. The VV-XVI in the forth picture is my first machine. It resides front and center to the listening seats. Not shown is the back room with the project machines. That might be a good topic for another thread!

Sorry about the number of pictures. The main room is long and narrow and that is how I was able to get everything in.
Attachments
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 003.jpg
My First Machine!
My First Machine!
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 006.jpg
Picture 007.jpg
record room
record room
Record room
Record room
Why do we need signatures when we are on a first avatar basis?

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

Nice room, Brad! That's my dream space! One of these years when I strike it rich, I plan on adding a large room just for machines and records...I'm hoping this will be sooner rather than later! Nice machines, too!

Schweg, nice stuff! The VI with the brass horns are just great looking! I see we have another member here with a 10-50 as well...gotta love those!

Sean

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Holy Toledo!

Isn't anyone on this board a beginner? :D Some really, really nice machines - several of which I wish were mine! Thanks to everyone for posting your photos - - each time I scroll through I see something I missed before...

So Brad, in your first and second photos, draped over the arm of that chair... A call button for food and beverage? :lol:

George P.

martinola
Victor III

Post by martinola »

So Brad, in your first and second photos, draped over the arm of that chair... A call button for food and beverage?
Could that be the cable for his iPod? :mrgreen: Seriously, you guys have some cool machines!

Jim - I totally missed the Standard's lid. Without it being on top, I'd never know.

Martin

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Really this thread should be archived. Every posting has many things I don't have and things I'd like to have. I've opened and looked at it a few times now. Great stuff.

Here are a few older pics of some of my "the North American" phonospace. I don't get to see it much but when I get back you can guess where I spend a lot of time! Several of these have since been moved to Europe so I see them more often! :D
Attachments
IMG_4104.JPG
IMG_4116.JPG
IMG_4118.JPG
IMG_4119.JPG
IMG_4120.JPG
IMG_4121.JPG
IMG_4127.JPG
IMG_4128.JPG

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

BTW, I'm probably a bit thick but what's meant by, "Where's Waldo"? :oops:

Brad
Victor III
Personal Text: So many phonographs, so little money

Post by Brad »

Bruce,

Wow, I would like to stumble onto that room. Very nice.

To thin you out a bit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where's_Wally%3F

Brad
Why do we need signatures when we are on a first avatar basis?

schweg
Victor III

Post by schweg »

Nice, Bruce. I was waiting for your pics. They complement the ones on your webpage.

Steve