Phonospace (or, "Where's Waldo?)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Re: Phonospace (or, "Where's Waldo?)

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Ok I guess this is my best example of a “phonospace”.
Attachments
B5684B4B-B0A8-45FA-9B00-64E3DF9B14A2.jpeg

dzavracky
Victor IV
Personal Text: college collector

Post by dzavracky »

AmberolaAndy wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:32 am Ok I guess this is my best example of a “phonospace”.

Andy it seems like listening to the credenza is difficult? Those are some nice machines though!

David

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

dzavracky wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm Hi everyone,

I know I already posted my collection in April of last year, but since then the room has changed quite a bit. Hopefully this will be how the room will stay for awhile... I really need to stop buying them :lol: (My girlfriend is laughing at me while I am writing this)

So here is my phonograph room! I got the credenza on Tuesday.. I will make a post about it when I have some more time.

Cheers,

David
In your relatively short time collecting, you've managed to get some nice machines that took me many years to find. But then, when I started, there was no internet, so you had to get out and find whatever happened to be in the area. Antique shows, flea markets, garage & estate sales, newspaper classifieds, Michigan Antique Phonograph Society functions, (now part of APS), and of course Union. Until the internet, I never found a new machine while sitting at my kitchen table. In some ways, it was more fun the "old way".

Anyway, enough about how old I am. You have a really nice collection!!!

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

dzavracky wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:10 am
AmberolaAndy wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:32 am Ok I guess this is my best example of a “phonospace”.

Andy it seems like listening to the credenza is difficult? Those are some nice machines though!

David
Yeah I think I should move the radio where the Vic II is sitting near the wall and move the VV 8-4 the other way around in a less awkward area.

dzavracky
Victor IV
Personal Text: college collector

Post by dzavracky »

JerryVan wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:24 am
dzavracky wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm Hi everyone,

I know I already posted my collection in April of last year, but since then the room has changed quite a bit. Hopefully this will be how the room will stay for awhile... I really need to stop buying them :lol: (My girlfriend is laughing at me while I am writing this)

So here is my phonograph room! I got the credenza on Tuesday.. I will make a post about it when I have some more time.

Cheers,

David
In your relatively short time collecting, you've managed to get some nice machines that took me many years to find. But then, when I started, there was no internet, so you had to get out and find whatever happened to be in the area. Antique shows, flea markets, garage & estate sales, newspaper classifieds, Michigan Antique Phonograph Society functions, (now part of APS), and of course Union. Until the internet, I never found a new machine while sitting at my kitchen table. In some ways, it was more fun the "old way".

Anyway, enough about how old I am. You have a really nice collection!!!
Thank you Jerry :D

David

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

Regarding the fabled Jerry’s Basement, we must assure safe fore-knowledge of its ancillary room, the utterly terrifying Jerry’s Basement’s Bathroom.

Read more about it here…

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=47061

…IF YOU DARE.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

PeterF wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:23 pm Regarding the fabled Jerry’s Basement, we must assure safe fore-knowledge of its ancillary room, the utterly terrifying Jerry’s Basement’s Bathroom.

Read more about it here…

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=47061

…IF YOU DARE.
Don't click that link or you'll go quackers... :shock:
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

MikeB
Victor II

Post by MikeB »

This is just the edge of the kitchen. The display case contains toy bank safes and toy cap guns as well. The chest is new for me and full of cylinders. I was going to put another phonograph on top of the cabinet, but the cat immediately claimed that space for her own and refuses to negotiate the matter.
Attachments
IMG_2356.jpg

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

Sorry about the redundant posts. I wasn't aware of this topic. I love to see the machines and displays that people have. These were taken today, music room and the new annex.
Attachments
IMG_1292.JPG
IMG_1291.JPG
IMG_1290.JPG
IMG_1289.JPG
IMG_1287.JPG
IMG_1286.JPG
IMG_1285.JPG
IMG_1284.JPG
IMG_1283 (2).JPG
IMG_1282.JPG

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

I love the "Paris Green" horn...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife