Phonospace (or, "Where's Waldo?)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Viva-voce
Victor III

Re: Phonospace (or, "Where's Waldo?)

Post by Viva-voce »

This is part of my living room/music room with my Victor IV (from Jerry B) perched on a c1910 Udell Works sheet music cabinet.
Above the piano (a 1930 Knabe) is an original 1889 hand-coloured poster for Massenet's opera "Esclarmonde."
The piano and the Victor (and my hi-fi) are played every day. I have very patient and understanding neighbors :)

The rest of my place is done up in mid-century modern.

Steven
Attachments
IMG_9952.JPG
IMG_9947.JPG

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Here's my phono space by comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

Steven - I like the color palette of the room and that art nouveau poster.

George - :coffee: :| :coffee: :| :coffee: :o a random conglomeration of stuff covered in shellac ! ?

James.

BillH_NJ
Victor II

Post by BillH_NJ »

Roaring20s wrote:You must be the only kid in the county with a harpsichord! :coffee:

James.
And it was a kit I built 40+ years ago.

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

BillH_NJ wrote:
Roaring20s wrote:You must be the only kid in the county with a harpsichord! :coffee:

James.
And it was a kit I built 40+ years ago.
Very pretty instrument. Zuckermann?

Viva-voce
Victor III

Post by Viva-voce »

Roaring20s wrote:Steven - I like the color palette of the room and that art nouveau poster.

James.
Thanks James :)

Phonolair
Victor III

Post by Phonolair »

JerryVan wrote:Ok, I'll have a go at this too. I have several "phonospaces". Some are in-the-rough right now, so my wife won't allow photos. We have lots of stuff to donate to Goodwill or church, but quarantine has that on-hold, so we're forced to store boxes full until??? Anyway....
Jerry very nice setup and very impressive. I'm surprised how much has changed and how fast time has gone by since I last visited, probably a M.A.P.S. meeting at your other house.
It great your wife is willing to live in a phonograph museum but I hope you're doing the dusting :lol:

Larry Crandell

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Phonolair wrote:
JerryVan wrote:Ok, I'll have a go at this too. I have several "phonospaces". Some are in-the-rough right now, so my wife won't allow photos. We have lots of stuff to donate to Goodwill or church, but quarantine has that on-hold, so we're forced to store boxes full until??? Anyway....
Jerry very nice setup and very impressive. I'm surprised how much has changed and how fast time has gone by since I last visited, probably a M.A.P.S. meeting at your other house.
It great your wife is willing to live in a phonograph museum but I hope you're doing the dusting :lol:

Larry Crandell

Thank you Larry! Yes a lot of time has certainly past since the MAPS meetings at my place. Wish that was still a "thing".

My wife is wonderful about the phono stuff. She appreciates that I enjoy it, and even likes several machines herself. I've been concentrating more on records lately and she likes quite a few of those as well. Mostly 20's - 30's jazz. You & I are both very lucky husbands I think!

Maybe one day, when this virus stuff settles down, we can host a MAPS reunion!

Marty Bufalini
Victor II

Post by Marty Bufalini »

Geez, Jerry Van!!! When all this virus stuff is over, I gotta get over to your "new
place. I didn't know you set up all that stuff. It sure displays better than at the "old" house.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Marty Bufalini wrote:Geez, Jerry Van!!! When all this virus stuff is over, I gotta get over to your "new
place. I didn't know you set up all that stuff. It sure displays better than at the "old" house.

Thanks! Hopefully sooner than later!!