Victor VV 4-7 just won it on ebay

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
wheelgun357
Victor O

Victor VV 4-7 just won it on ebay

Post by wheelgun357 »

i have been after this model for years, i was really sweatin this auction out heavily, i was bidding against Brianu for it im sure!!!! im gonna go pick it up in a day or so as soon as i can dig out from the snowpocalypse :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0527008649

tarheeltinkerer
Victor I

Re: Victor VV 4-7 just won it on ebay

Post by tarheeltinkerer »

Congrats! I love my 4-7 and play it several times a week: http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... f=2&t=3360

wheelgun357
Victor O

Post by wheelgun357 »

the reproducer looks to be in great condition, even though i have a extra brass one for it,, i love the look of this model, and the fact of the folded horn in a cabinet almost the size of the 4-3 its a great package. now i just gotta get my hands on an 8-12

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

Good score! It's in very nice condition. The records & 2 dusters are a bonus as well. I love getting a pile of discs with a machine because you never know what rarities you might find.
It'll be interesting to see what dusters you've scored too. I dont know what duster prices are like over there, but over here it's not uncommon for the less common examples to sell for over $100 each on ebay. We even had a couple pretty uninteresting music store dusters go for around $350 each a month or so ago.

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

Nice looking machine. I noticed it this weekend when perusing ebay. I didn't bid since I already have one. I bought mine about 40 years ago, and I still have it. 8-)
Best regards ... AZ*

nipper
Victor O
Personal Text: "Always On Vacation"

Post by nipper »

Ooo a 4-7

Not a very fancy piece but when it comes down playing it is one of my favored.

This is a machine that truly puts size and sound quality on a new level without breaking your bank
account.

Enjoy :D

Nipper

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Hi All,
The 4-7 was my first non-cylinder machine and I bought it from Austin Henry- Don Henrys dad. It was a mint machine and I play it 3 or 4 times a week. So much output from a small machine. That is why I ma still looking for a Crendza-it would have to be amazing in sound.

Abe

wheelgun357
Victor O

Post by wheelgun357 »

picked up the 4-7 today, when i saw it upon arrival i was totally amazed at the condition... it looks like a totally different machine than the pics on the auction... the motor needs to be lubed, ive already stated sealing all the joints in the horn, i rebuilt the reproducer, (cast and no swelling or cracks), new gaskets, ball bearings etc... and it sounds killer, i have to replace the cork that is used as a gasket where the tone arm mates to the horn, other than that all is near perfect, a couple good coats of butchers bowling ally wax and ill be all set to go. also the cloth over the horn is all original and near perfect,,,, ill take some pics in a day or two when im all done with the restoration...

Steve Stephens
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Restoration is little more than another kind of destruction.

Post by Steve Stephens »

You've got to be a happy man and I can see why. I have no experience with Orthophonic Victors. Maybe some day I'll find a nice one to enjoy.

Steve

wheelgun357
Victor O

Post by wheelgun357 »

just took a break from the restoration marathon i seem to be stuck in LOL,, decided to take a look at the records that came with it, well out of 63 records 47 of them are correct scroll label ortho's in great condition, we got goldkette lots of george olsen, coon-sanders, some rudy vallee and others that are all great titles... well back to work