Featured Phonograph № 48

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: Featured Phonograph № 48

Post by Valecnik »

Steve Stephens wrote:The felt piece inside the neck of the reproducer takes up fully a third of the tube even when open. It might be interesting to compare that reproducer's sound and volume with a later (is it later?) reproducer without the tone control.

Steve
I'll be able to do that at some point but unfortunately only in the next few months. The original reproducer on this one has the volume control. It' currently being rebuilt by Steve M. I have duplicates, also recently rebuilt without the volume control. Of course the problem is there could be differences in the diaphragm or other issues that impede the sound of one or the other so it's not easy to narrow down the reason to the volume control unless you would eliminate all those other factors. :monkey:

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Bruce, you and I might be related. We're both suckers for really nice big uprights. When you retire lets buy a big warehouse. You start at one end and I'll start at the other and we'll fill it up with good uprights. We'll see who gets to the middle first! Happy Collecting, Jerry Blais

Steve Stephens
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Restoration is little more than another kind of destruction.

Post by Steve Stephens »

Jerry B. wrote:Bruce, you and I might be related. We're both suckers for really nice big uprights. When you retire lets buy a big warehouse. You start at one end and I'll start at the other and we'll fill it up with good uprights. We'll see who gets to the middle first! Happy Collecting, Jerry Blais
Hey, may I have a closet in your warehouse so I can get in on the excitement and do some catching with you guys? I have little room for uprights would have some nice select ones if I did.

Steve

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Steve Stephens wrote:
Jerry B. wrote:Bruce, you and I might be related. We're both suckers for really nice big uprights. When you retire lets buy a big warehouse. You start at one end and I'll start at the other and we'll fill it up with good uprights. We'll see who gets to the middle first! Happy Collecting, Jerry Blais
Hey, may I have a closet in your warehouse so I can get in on the excitement and do some catching with you guys? I have little room for uprights would have some nice select ones if I did.

Steve
Jerry, the thought of what the two of us might do with a large empty building is really scarey! :monkey:

Steve, I'm sure we could find some room for you but you'd better fill it fast or it's likely to disappear!