What a Shame...

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
bbphonoguy
Victor III

What a Shame...

Post by bbphonoguy »

Here's a nice, early VV XVI that someone had probably been trying to restore at one time, but now looks as if it's been tinkered with beyond repair.

http://cgi.ebay.com/UPRIGHT-CRANK-VICTR ... 439d381461

Zeppy
Victor III

Re: What a Shame...

Post by Zeppy »

someone went to a lot of effort to put the wrong veneer on that machine.

bbphonoguy
Victor III

Post by bbphonoguy »

Zeppy wrote:someone went to a lot of effort to put the wrong veneer on that machine.
Yes, and did you notice that it also has the wrong turntable and tone arm? What makes it such a shame is that whoever did this did a truly good job, but it was a lot of misplaced endeavor since it pretty much ruined the machine.

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

bbphonoguy wrote:
Zeppy wrote:someone went to a lot of effort to put the wrong veneer on that machine.
Yes, and did you notice that it also has the wrong turntable and tone arm? What makes it such a shame is that whoever did this did a truly good job, but it was a lot of misplaced endeavor since it pretty much ruined the machine.
Noticed that too (and the wrong lid). That didn't seem too surprising to me. There's a lot of that going around, and generally easy for someone to stick the wrong parts on a machine. The veneer work is what surprised me. I've tired to re-veneer a machine, and it was tough to do it right. They seemed to do a real nice job of the applying the veneer, and it looks like nice veneer. Just the wrong kind.

nipper
Victor O
Personal Text: "Always On Vacation"

Post by nipper »

Another Victor just added the parts list .

Aloha

Nipper