O/T Any Clock Collectors Here?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: O/T Any Clock Collectors Here?

Post by gramophoneshane »

I've got a couple deco vacuum cleaners & a carpet sweeper, but I wouldn't say I collect them. I've got a few typewriters too, although not as many as I used to have.
I actually collect anything old/antique, so there's everything from deco electric jugs, toasters & mixmasters to pens & walking sticks, and early gas & electric light fittings. There's even a couple wood stoves, and 3 refrigerators- an icebox, an early electric & a kerosene.
Im pretty sure I could completely furnish 3 houses in Victorian, Edwardian & Art Deco styles with everything you'd find in one back in the day.
The only thing I dont have is a 1930's-40's kitchen sink, but Im always looking :)

Energ15
Victor I
Personal Text: "The Denver Nightingale"

Post by Energ15 »

I collect some clocks. Many of mine are from the 20s but I do have on from the late 1890s. It doesn't work anymore but it was passed down through my family and a legend has been said (in my family) that when my great godfather died, the clock stopped ticking. Hmmm... I collect antiques of many varieties, mainly mechanical antiques from phonographs to sewing machines. I don't really go for that glass and vases and silverware stuff. I like things that have more to it than something someone's ham sat on! :lol:

- Energ15

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

I don't collect 'em---that would get rather expensive real quick---but I own a Telechron 1H1308 commercial wall clock, c. 1950, and it looks down on me here as I type. I am the original owner, BTW, as this was a present I had asked for as a kid watching the old Today show on NBC-TV with all those clocks showing times in world cities. Just had to have one! It has been fairly reliable but not without some problems, all of them able to be remedied, and it keeps just as good time as the the 60Hz provided by the power company. There is a website http://www.telechrontime.net/main.shtml and a forum, and a fairly complete picture archive of the hundreds of designs/models produced over the company's long history (q.v.).