Amberola 75

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Talkophone
Victor II

Amberola 75

Post by Talkophone »

Going to an auction tomorrow with a nice looking amberola 75 for sale. It has an oak cabinet. What would be a good price for it?

Larry

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: Amberola 75

Post by brianu »

Talkophone wrote:Going to an auction tomorrow with a nice looking amberola 75 for sale. It has an oak cabinet. What would be a good price for it?

Larry

if it's in decent shape, with the trays and fully functional, I'd say up to 800 or 900 would be reasonable market value, although you'll probably be able to get it for less if no phono people are there. I bought the one I used to have four or five years ago for a price in that range, and ended up selling it a couple years ago to someone on this board for what I paid. they're great machines, and you really don't see them very often.
Attachments
edison 012.jpg
edison 007.jpg
edison 013.jpg

Brad
Victor III
Personal Text: So many phonographs, so little money

Re: Amberola 75

Post by Brad »

I would expect to pay in the 400-600 range, unless it was something very special.

I love my 75. I like how easy it is to crank up without having to hold the machine with the other hand to keep it from moving around and it is just the right height to deal with the cylinder and repro. Though I find the draws to be kind of a black hole where you place cylinders and never see them again.

Good luck, if you get it at a price you are happy with you should really enjoy it.
Why do we need signatures when we are on a first avatar basis?