slightly O/T: textbook controversy - Edison being removed?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Zeppy
Victor III

Re: slightly O/T: textbook controversy - Edison being removed?

Post by Zeppy »

VictrolaGuy - Walt wrote:
phonophan79 wrote:
Zeppy wrote:[sarcasm] wow....that certainly was a balanced update of the debate, and not remotely one sided [/sarcasm]
LOL, you're right... but I chose this one because it had a lot of actual textbook examples... and more importantly, that EDISON was voted back in. :D
Why people with LIBERTY would choose anything but private education, especially for their children, makes absolutely no sense.

Even so, I argue that the tabulation of reports being presented as [presumably] fact do not have enough substance for intelligent debate. It wreaks of the 5rd grade (or remedial 6th grade) mentality of Fox News.
Well, out of my quarter century of education, I was fortunate that the only public education consisted of 4 years at a public university for my BA. Hopefully, I can do the same for my children.

Well, either way...at least Edison is back in. And hopefully the dumbing down of text books in Texas won't cause too much damage across the country.

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

3victrolas wrote:My daughter's U.S. History II professor told the class that Tesla is largely forgotten. Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

LOL.. OK, so... there is a series of web videos called "Drunk History"... the narrator gets drunk and tells the story of an historical event... and then various celebrities act out the story, as told by the drunk narrator.

To see some of these videos, search "Drunk History" at YouTube or just go to...
http://www.funnyordie.com/search/a?q=drunk+history

BUT... the point of this post is one of their latest videos had me cracking up at work. Check it out.

Drunk History Presents Nikola Tesla
[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFazanaWQY[/youtubehd]

Uncle Vanya
Victor IV

Post by Uncle Vanya »

Zeppy wrote:[sarcasm] wow....that certainly was a balanced update of the debate, and not remotely one sided [/sarcasm]
Though perhaps a trifle "Reality Challenged".