Victor motor guide

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
JohnM
Victor V

Victor motor guide

Post by JohnM »

Reading the posts about the parts needed for the VV-330 restoration made me think of a photocopy I have at home that is a guide to which motor goes in what Victrola(s). It is a photographic guide to the motors and very handy and informative. It was compiled by a Canadian gentleman whose name I can't recall. Since I'm on the road, I don't have it with me. Is anyone on the board familiar with this motor guide, and have a copy?
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

phonojim
Victor IV

Re: Victor motor guide

Post by phonojim »

The guide was compiled by Harold Braker of British Columbia, Canada. I have a copy, which I had all but forgotten about until this thread. I believe I acquired it sometime around the mid 1990s.

Jim

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

Yes! Harold Braker! That's the one! I wonder if we could get permission to post the guide on the board. I hope I am wrong but I seem to remember that Mr. Braker is deceased.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I'm quite sure that Harold is alive and quite well in Vancouver, BC. Jerry Blais

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

Good to hear that, Jerry! It must have been me that I was thinking about! LOL!
Do you have Harold's contact info that you could PM to me?

Victor78
Victor I

Post by Victor78 »

JohnM wrote:Reading the posts about the parts needed for the VV-330 restoration made me think of a photocopy I have at home that is a guide to which motor goes in what Victrola(s). It is a photographic guide to the motors and very handy and informative. It was compiled by a Canadian gentleman whose name I can't recall. Since I'm on the road, I don't have it with me. Is anyone on the board familiar with this motor guide, and have a copy?
What a great guide that would be! Keep us informed John, as I certainly would be interested in obtaining a copy of that.

Jim