Dreams about antique phonographs and records!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Viva-voce
Victor III

Re: Dreams about antique phonographs and records!

Post by Viva-voce »

"Let me guess: a math class, right? In my version, it's the final exam of a college level math class, I've never attended any of the lectures, I can't find the classroom because I've never been there, and I'm not sure what time the exam begins." quote

The one I have is almost exact--except that I find the classroom and am sitting there feeling completely anxious! Scary dream.

In the last phono--related dream I had, I was in an antique shop and there was a beat-up European (hmv naybe) floor model, which didn't interest me, but inside the record storage there were dozens of those super-rare early Italian light-blue labelled Zonophone records including all 7 of the Caruso's and many other rare singers on that label, and some super-rare G&Ts, all in the top-tier of rarity and in their original sleeves, totalling tens of thousands in value. I inquired about purchasing just the records, and the shop owner (she had no idea what they were) said they come with the machine and not for sale separately. So I bought the machine for the $500 price tag, and to the owner's shock, left it at the shop exactly where I found it, and carried the records out the door!
End of dream.
Last edited by Viva-voce on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

marcapra wrote:
Me in 2054. lol! :lol:
So Amberola Andy, you're only 12? Who says the young generation isn't interested in antique phonographs! Marc.
No I’m 28. I will be 64 in the year 2054. But I have been interested in records and record players since I was 12. I also got my first turntable and Vinyl records at that age. They seemed so interesting to me only had grown up with CDs. I’ve always had a interest for history and old music at an early age.
Last edited by AmberolaAndy on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.

85corvetteman
Victor O
Personal Text: Vic II, Vic III, Schoolhouse, VV 8-4, VV-130, VV-280, VE-XVI, VV-VIII, VV-IV, VV-VI, Credenza

Post by 85corvetteman »

Maybe a dream, a nightmare or good karma:
The wife says - “If you bring home another victrola I’m going to leave you.”
My only reply - “Dear, I’m sure going to miss you.”

Terry

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Uncle Vanya wrote:I had this very explicit dream. In it I’m a chief priest in Homeric Greece. I’m wearing a wide gold mask, all noble and bearded, like the so-called Mask of Agamemnon found at Mycenae. I’m standing by a thick round stone and holding a sharp knife. In fact, I’m officiating at some immensely important ritual sacrifice, on which depends the fate of the crops or of a military expedition. The sacrifice is a herd of children: about 500 boys and girls. I can see them stretching away in a long queue, right across the plain of Argos. I know it’s Argos because of the red soil...
Do you know any kids who like horses? 7@=Q

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Yeah, I often have dreams about weird machines or records. Maybe it's some unusual phonograph I'm working on; maybe I'm looking for records in an antique shop (the most interesting ones are usually broken); maybe I find a stash of cylinders I'd forgotten about...

Bill

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

No I’m 28. I will be 64 in the year 2054.
Oh, sorry, I really screwed up my arithmetic on that one! But still it's great to have a millennial in our midst. I might have screwed that up too. Your 28 and I'm 68. That makes me almost old enough to be your oldest brother! Well, hope to see you in 2054! Marc (the oldest adolescent alive)!

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

marcapra wrote:
No I’m 28. I will be 64 in the year 2054.
Oh, sorry, I really screwed up my arithmetic on that one! But still it's great to have a millennial in our midst. I might have screwed that up too. Your 28 and I'm 68. That makes me almost old enough to be your oldest brother! Well, hope to see you in 2054! Marc (the oldest adolescent alive)!
You hear all these doom and gloom stories about people of my generation not interested in collecting stuff I say “Phooey!” And if that’s true oh well, more machines and records for me! :twisted:

Uncle Vanya
Victor IV

Post by Uncle Vanya »

Lucius1958 wrote:
Uncle Vanya wrote:I had this very explicit dream. In it I’m a chief priest in Homeric Greece. I’m wearing a wide gold mask, all noble and bearded, like the so-called Mask of Agamemnon found at Mycenae. I’m standing by a thick round stone and holding a sharp knife. In fact, I’m officiating at some immensely important ritual sacrifice, on which depends the fate of the crops or of a military expedition. The sacrifice is a herd of children: about 500 boys and girls. I can see them stretching away in a long queue, right across the plain of Argos. I know it’s Argos because of the red soil...
Do you know any kids who like horses? 7@=Q
Oh yes, and there's one particular horse, called Nugget...

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

I see you've read Peter Schaffer's Equus.

Uncle Vanya
Victor IV

Post by Uncle Vanya »

Read it?

I should think so.

I've played Martin Dysart in a
couple of productions.