Dreams about antique phonographs and records!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Dreams about antique phonographs and records!

Post by AmberolaAndy »

I’m going to share a dream I had last night regarding victrolas and I’m wondering if anyone has had a dream similar to mine. Or would like to share their own dreams about antique phonos. Here’s mine: So I’m walking down a sidewalk and I notice a VV-VIII in a store window. I immediately get excited and hightail into this store. It was one of those places that had a mix of antiques, seasonal decor, homemade crafts, and repurposed “shabby chic” items (Some of you know what kind of store I’m talking about.) So I walk over to where the machine was to get a better look. I opened the doors to the horn and looked at the slats. And I noticed a price tag of $163. Awesome! Something I can afford! I lifted up the lid and...ACK! Somebody had turned it into a frankenphone and stuck a modern turntable inside! Disappointedly, I close the lid. But my mood immediately gets better when I notice a VV-IV on a table nearby. I walked to it and noticed it was missing a tonearm “No big deal” I think to myself. “I’ll just get a tonearm on eBay.” I open the horn doors and look at the slats and saw a price of $109 on the inside of the door. I loudly exclaim “Oh heck yeah! I’m getting this!” Excitedly I pick up the machine and POOF! The machine disintegrates into pieces in my hands! And that’s when I wake up.

I also have dreams where I come across a bunch of records with very interesting labels but I only have a very limited time to go through them. Either the store I’m in is closing in a few minutes, The sale is about to end, or somebody (usually one of my parents) is telling me to “hurry up!” because they have “other things they have to do today.” Lol!

dennis
Victor I

Re: Dreams about antique phonographs and records!

Post by dennis »

No phonographic dreams. I’m 62 and still have the dream that I’m in school, have gone to class, and forgot to study for the test. Oh, yes; also I don’t have any pants on!

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

I'm 64. What are pants?

George P.

Uncle Vanya
Victor IV

Post by Uncle Vanya »

I had this very explicit dream. In it I’m a chief priest in Homeric Greece. I’m wearing a wide gold mask, all noble and bearded, like the so-called Mask of Agamemnon found at Mycenae. I’m standing by a thick round stone and holding a sharp knife. In fact, I’m officiating at some immensely important ritual sacrifice, on which depends the fate of the crops or of a military expedition. The sacrifice is a herd of children: about 500 boys and girls. I can see them stretching away in a long queue, right across the plain of Argos. I know it’s Argos because of the red soil...

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

phonogfp wrote:I'm 64. What are pants?

George P.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

George P.
Me in 2054. lol! :lol:

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

This dream was a few weeks back. In it, my Dad is complaining about my Granddad, who he considers to be a junk hoarder. Later, my Granddad calls me up to come over to help move some things around in his barn. We walk in together and I see junk everywhere. Among them are piles of phonograph horns, cabinets and parts of all kinds, to my left. On my right, I see machines of all kinds and boxes of records, all loaded on shelves that are above my head. I excitedly ask him what he is going to do with all this stuff and he says "I'm going to leave it to your Dad!".

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

George P.
I was going to say something... but I didn't want to embarrass you ! :P :oops: :lol: :roll:

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

dennis wrote:No phonographic dreams. I’m 62 and still have the dream that I’m in school, have gone to class, and forgot to study for the test. Oh, yes; also I don’t have any pants on!
Let me guess: a math class, right? In my version, it's the final exam of a college level math class, I've never attended any of the lectures, I can't find the classroom because I've never been there, and I'm not sure what time the exam begins.

I had a phonograph dream just the other night, but, alas, I don't remember anything about it except that it had to do with phonographs.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Me in 2054. lol! :lol:
So Amberola Andy, you're only 12? Who says the young generation isn't interested in antique phonographs! Marc.