Sun Needle?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Victor78
Victor I

Sun Needle?

Post by Victor78 »

A friend of mine from the WIMAPS group knows how much of a needle geek I am, and came to me the other day with these. I dont recall ever seeing these before and was blown away when he said I could have them. In the information sheet, it mentions "Made of wood harder than ebony". Could it be something on the order of a thorn embedded into the shank? The shank and wide center seem to be one piece with the needle 'set in' some sort of black material. Very interesting needle. I havent tried one yet, but the instructions say they can be sharpened.

- Jim
Attachments
Sun-1.jpg
Sun-2.jpg
Sun Needle.jpg

JohnM
Victor V

Re: Sun Needle?

Post by JohnM »

Those are really neat! I've never seen them before. I love that they were made in Cincinnati -- only about fifty miles up-river from where we live. Don't you wish you could know more about these little minor companies that popped up and didn't last long? Whoever was responsible for these needles probably has descendants in greater Cinci that don't know anything about his efforts.

I'm guessing that based on their shape -- and the name 'Sun' -- that they are cactus thorn.

Very cool! Congratulations!
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan