Original Cost: $45.00
Case/Cabinet Size: 13" x 13" x 8" tall
Turntable: 10"
Reproducer: Analyzing
Motor: Triple spring
Horn Dimensions: 20.75" by 17" deep
Reproduction Parts: Turntable felt and main springs
Current Value: ????
Interesting Facts: I bought the machine cheap and only expected to salvage the horn for my BII. I decided to clean the machine up without restoring it. It displays and plays well. A nice feature of this model is the volume control on the tone arm. The reproducer has been rebuilt and the motor has been cleaned, adjusted, lubricated and received new springs. The flash is not very flattering. The machine looks nicer in person.

The last group of pictures are as received. The first set is from today, (sorry for the dust). The horn had paint spatter, missing veneer and the rivets had been replaced with sheet metal screws. The rivets were easy to reproduce, but the riveting tools were a little more involved. The machine is not museum quality or really even fully restored, but it is in decent, refurbished condition.

Please excuse the succession of Featured Phonographs. I tend to do things in spurts and strike when the inspiration hits, (otherwise I would tend to put things off). Hopefully that ends in 21 months when I retire and my schedule allows for less regimentation.
Attachments
1.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
3.jpg
8.jpg
2.jpg
C1B.jpg
C6B.jpg
C2B.jpg
C10B.jpg

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Featured Phonograph № 142 - Columbia BI Sterling

Post by phonogfp »

A nice late-production BI. I agree with you - - I wouldn't do anything more to it. Those Syracuse horns are always a treat.

George P.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Featured Phonograph № 142 - Columbia BI Sterling

Post by Jerry B. »

I've always had a soft spot for a nice BI. Thanks for sharing. Jerry Blais