April show in Wayne

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
WDC
Victor IV

April show in Wayne

Post by WDC »

As the date comes closer and because I'll be leaving a week earlier, I wanted to check who's planning to attend to the Wayne show on April 18. Of course, we'll have a parking lot sale on the day before.

phonophan79
Victor IV

Re: April show in Wayne

Post by phonophan79 »

I'll be there... both days!

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

I'll be there Sunday

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Post by barnettrp21122 »

I checked the PAL building's schedule for April and according to this link it looks like there's a model collectors' show on Saturday April 17th. That'll certainly tie up the parking lot as in years past.
The link:
http://www.mamasboyz.org/ShowsM.html

Don't these model car collectors have anything better to do...like collect phonographs and records??!! :lol:

I'll be there for Sunday at least.
Bob Barnett
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

tonystardis
Victor O

Post by tonystardis »

Cant Wait!! Dont usually have much money to spend but have a good time spending the day there with Lou.

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

Wouldnt miss it for the world...!

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

I'm planning to be there on Saturday and Sunday. If anyone hasn't renewed their CAPS membership for 2010, I'll be able to accept your dues and give you the March 2010 issue of The Sound Box at the show!

George P.

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

phonogfp wrote:I'm planning to be there on Saturday and Sunday. If anyone hasn't renewed their CAPS membership for 2010, I'll be able to accept your dues and give you the March 2010 issue of The Sound Box at the show!

George P.

Perfect, George! I've been meaning to renew mine, and maybe we could catch up at the same time.

Aaron

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

OK for us uninformed more details please.. Like where is Wayne? Date and times?

Larry

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Superb, will be great gathering!

The next Mechanical Music Extravaganza will be April 18, 2010
Admission 9:30am to 3:00pm, $6.00 (Early buyer 8am, $15.00)
Wayne Police Athletic League Building, 1 Pal Dr, Wayne, NJ 07470
Promoted by: Michael Devecka, 206 Park St, Montclair, NJ 07042 – 973-655-9730 email: mideve@earthlink.net

The Mechanical Music Extravaganza is a collectibles show devoted solely to the buying and selling of antique phonographs, vintage records, music boxes, and related memorabilia that date mostly from the late 1890s through the 1930s. The MME is held at the Wayne Police Athletic League Building in Wayne, New Jersey which is conveniently located north of the crossroads of I- 80, Routes 23, and 46 in Northern New Jersey, The Mechanical Music Extravaganza is within minutes of several major hotels, Willowbrook Mall, and plenty of restaurants. Plus, Wayne is part of the greater New York Metro area — within approximately 20 miles of Manhattan, and is served by Newark Airport.

Larry, see the link in my first post: http://www.antique-sound.com/MME/show.html