Why so much for this VV-VIII?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: Why so much for this VV-VIII?

Post by brianu »

Retrograde wrote:Based on what Ive read over the past 20 years on these phonograph forums... if I'm selling it's worth a lot, but if I'm buying it should be a bargain.

Machine prices have always been all over the place.

:roll:

Too true.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

tofinal-4 wrote:I purchased a VV VIII C Victor Victrola with a beautiful cabinet but Needs a spring it has two barrels, and i can't find anything that tells me how to open them, also it needs a female end crank. Any help would be appreciated.
What a coincidence! I need a little guidance with my 1913 VV-VIII motor’s cleaning (at least taking apart the spring barrel part) but I don’t think the spring is broken on mine. And I also need a female end crank that’s not broken in two! Small world! :lol: Just curious, what’s the serial number on yours? I just bought mine yesterday! :)

Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

Post by Granby »

Django wrote:We can look at this as a positive thing. Maybe prices have bottomed out.
I commented on another post a week or so and I think I agree with this comment. I have seen a lot of activity in the past 2 to 4 weeks in the areas I hunt and do business. Machines that used to sit or get no buyers are getting snapped up... AND, auction prices seem okay at the moment. Strange, as weird as the world is right now, who would have thought collectibles would still be strong?.... Usually, items that require discretionary income are the first expenses to get cut.

Sorry, I am a business historian, I enjoy watching these trends ;)