Our New Home?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
bart1927
Victor II

Re: Our New Home?

Post by bart1927 »

It´s great we have a new home. I sure miss my old home, but if you consider what a great place it became in it's 5 week existance you´ll understand that it's only a couple of weeks before we are back on our old level. My thanks goes to John and David for their hard work, and I will assure you, I´m not going to give up. Tomorrow I will restore the links in the music section to my box.net files, I think we can use some peppy cheer-up songs!

Victor78
Victor I

Post by Victor78 »

Yes, thank you John and David, and any others that put time and effort into building a new home, Im getting tired of moving besides. At least we all didnt have to move our machines around, thats a good thing. Thanks again for all your efforts! - Jim

Phonolair
Victor III

Post by Phonolair »

Hi everyone
I've been a member of most of the phono boards, but mostly just drop in to read and see whats going on. But I do want to make a post just to let everone know all the hard work they are doing is appreciated. M.A.P.S. and C.A.P.S news letters are great but for the daily phonograph fix or quick information you can't beat the phono boards. I know thing are moving faster than a Victor VI at a garage sale (true story) but hopfully with all the time and hard work you are doing things will settle down and become more normal again. Thanks again.
Best regards, Larry

Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Post by Edisonfan »

Hi John,

Well, I just signed up. I'm gald there is a new board. It's ashame we were eveicted from the ProBoards. However, judgeing from the memberships we received, and all the postive encouragement. I think we should keep going. It's just one little set back, and we should not let that, get us down. Even, if we have to start over, I know we will be just fine. :D

Paul

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

Shane,

Yes I did contemplate throwing in the towel for a few moments. I don't think we did anything wrong and I don't believe we should have to suffer because of one "blankity-blank" person. However I hate the idea of knuckling under to bullies and that's all that he is, a loud mouth bully. Last night I read some very nasty threats and hateful comments about David and me specifically, which have been since removed, on a certain blog. Those comments reminded me what we are up against and refired the boiler so to speak.

I haven't said this publicly before, but I can't help but wonder what the real founder of the original board thinks of his successor's behavior.

At this point in time I can't imagine anyone believing the lies, but they continue to roll out and some continue to believe them. I can't help but be reminded of the infamous "Rev." Phelps when I think of a certain party. I, at least, take consolation in the fact that his board has not been restored despite his claims, contradictory claims I might add.

Yes Zeppy that was cathartic :D Thank you all for bearing with me there. Now lets get on with the show!

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Wow - the phonograph underground... Count me in on a new Talking Machine Forum - wherever it may be!

George P.

bbphonoguy
Victor III

Post by bbphonoguy »

I was only on the previous board for one day before it got thrown off Proboards. Not something I said I hope? :|

Anyway, I look forward to being a regular here!

Carl

MTPhono
Victor III

Post by MTPhono »

phonogfp wrote:Wow - the phonograph underground... Count me in on a new Talking Machine Forum - wherever it may be!

George P.
Wow - you guys will let anyone join apparently!

OK, now that I have offended you George, do you have any plans of re-posting your pictures of phono-heaven? New and future collectors will want (and deserve) to see those.

Actually I would like to see a gallery or at least thread of photos showing different examples of phono displays. Not single machines but portions or complete collections. When I was first setting up my collection in our new house I scoured the internet for display examples. They are few and far between.

Regards to all.

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi All
Here we go again :? You are doing a great job, don't give up, I hope the information from the last board can be brought here. Hey David can you add my avatar? please.
Marcel
Last edited by saxymojo on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bob27556
Victor I

Post by bob27556 »

Glad we're gonna keep going.

Neo, Do you think it possible that proboards might agree to migrating our posts from the old board over to this one. After all, we are severing the tie and a lot of valuable information was posted in a very short time.