How many machines are in your living room?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
melvind
Victor IV

Re: How many machines are in your living room?

Post by melvind »

I have only been allowed to have two phonographs in the living room. My one-off Opera House phonograph and the Edison Opera (on a rather large phonograph cabinet :roll: ). The bulk of the phonograph collection is upstairs in its own space.

edisonphonoworks
Victor IV
Personal Text: A new blank with authentic formula and spiral core!

Post by edisonphonoworks »

A Victrola 240,XIV, and Victor 0. Edison Diamond Discs LC-38,150, C-19,Amberola 30. Columbia AG Graphophone. Western Electric Audiometer (wind up motor, electric pickup).

CMac1974
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Record, Machines, Records, Machines.... Decisions Decisions!

Post by CMac1974 »

There are 5 in the "double parlor" A Silvertone Imperial, Edison C-250, C-19, LC-38 and a Victrola VV-XI

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

AmberolaAndy wrote:Two currently. My Edison C-19 and my Victrola XI. My 3 cylinder machines and 2 portable Victrolas are in my bedroom.
Update 9/9/19:

My Edison C-19, Edison Standard B, Standard Model X, Magnavox Belvedere console radio turntable, and coming soon a VE 8-30X.

At my dads...

Victrola 111, Victrola 8-4, Edison Home B, and a Freed-Eisemann Model 46 Console radio phono.

The rest, (My other Edison standards, portables, Amberola 30, Pathéphone) are in my room.

Hailey
Victor III

Post by Hailey »

Machines in the living room...9 Edison Dolls; 1 Jumeau Phonograph Doll; 1 Max Oscar Arnold Phonograph Doll; 1 Capital Phonograph Lamp; 1 Columbia Grafonola DeLuxe.

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

16 now, including the Europa and a Triumph A. The VV-IX still lurks at the top of the stairs, though.

Bill

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

This thread started early in 2009 and it's nine pages long. Ten years ago I replied on the second page that I had a Reginaphone and a Sonora upstairs. I am sorry to say that I am losing ground as I'm down to just the Reginaphone. My upstairs presence is dwindling. :(

Jerry Blais

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

After my move to a new house last year, I only have an L-door VV-XVI, a Columbia Model 239, and a small Puck cylinder phonograph in my living room. Of course, that room is hardly ever lived in anyway. In the family room I have my first phonograph, an Edison Baby Console BC-34, a VV-8-4, and a Zonophone Grand Opera. My other machines are either upstairs in my office or down in the basement. My machines also lost ground in the shared living spaces. :(

Andreas

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Jerry B. wrote:This thread started early in 2009 and it's nine pages long. Ten years ago I replied on the second page that I had a Reginaphone and a Sonora upstairs. I am sorry to say that I am losing ground as I'm down to just the Reginaphone. My upstairs presence is dwindling. :(

Jerry Blais
I'm up from one ten years ago to three now Jerry. Edisons Triumph and A-250 and a Victor V. :D

Bruce
Victor III

Post by Bruce »

Jerry

I to only have one machine in our living room (a Triumph A with a nice wooden cygnet horn) as well. My wife has similar rules as your wife, just a couple of nicely placed machines in our living space and the rest in the basement.

Which turns out to be a good thing. She is very supportive of my hobby but she only goes into the basement on rare occasions because she usually flees back up the stairs in a cold sweat muttering thing about hoarding and how many is enough.

Bruce