How many machines are in your living room?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: How many machines are in your living room?

Post by Inigo »

My 12th machine bought last June is an HMV Model 3 hornless tabletop (HMV versión of the victrola vi) in oak. It has been temporarily seated on the top of the right loudspeaker of my modern record player system. A solid walnut box 24" high. Watch it in action here
https://youtu.be/4tVigBi43P4
The location can be peeped at 1:40 and again at 2:40.
It's in the main bedroom... On the top of the left loudspeaker stands another small hornless tabletop, my HMV junior Model (kind of small victrola iv). This is the machine featured in my avatar. This made number 11th, was the latest acquisition until the big brother arrived. It can also be seen in action herein:
https://youtu.be/nMbD2_OMc_s
In the middle of both, a cloth covered table supports the turntable, amp and equaliser. In the video that table can be peeped at the left of the Gramophone. Well, what you see is a black silk cloth covering the amp, to avoid dust...
Inigo

Bruce_Van_Note
Victor I

Post by Bruce_Van_Note »

I have 19 Victrolas in my living (Victrola) room. You can tell I'm single.
"No matter where you go, there you are"

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

I had 9 in the living room until we were preparing to put our house up for sale. The real estate agent strongly recommended reducing the clutter to make the house more marketable. So I reduced the number in the living room to 2 (Credenza & HMV 511). The rest went into temporary storage. The house sold, and we have moved to a different state.
Best regards ... AZ*

CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Post by CDBPDX »

There are 2 machines in our living room, a Victor VV-X, the first one I repaired in Jan, 2013, and a ratty but perfectly functional Victor VV-215, my wifes choice.
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8

MTPhono
Victor III

Post by MTPhono »

Last week I had 9 - now down to 2: an Edison 1B Amberola and a Columbia AF. All the rest in library and "phono room"

Idelia412
Victor Jr
Personal Text: EMG

Post by Idelia412 »

I have a Victor II Humpback, Victrola XVI Circassian, Reginaphone 246, Columbia AR, Zonophone Grand Opera, Zonophone D, Edison Amberola 1A,and Edison B80 on matching stand.

BillH_NJ
Victor II

Post by BillH_NJ »

One Victor VV-XIV, but then again there is also a harpsichord in the room. However, the front parlor has an L-door VV-XVI, a Sonora Concert, a Columbia De Luxe, and an Edison Home, while the dining room has a Victor 8-12, a VV-210, a Victor D, a VV-XI, and a Granada X, and the entry hall has a Credenza. Things do have to get moved around in December to make room for Christmas trees.

Bill