Help in Possibly Getting Machine

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Benjamin_L
Victor III
Personal Text: Honk, honk.

Help in Possibly Getting Machine

Post by Benjamin_L »

A Freeman phonograph was listed on the Kansas craigslist about a week ago, and I was wondering if there's anyone in the area that could hold it for me or help get it back to Tennessee? (https://kansascity.craigslist.org/atq/6869935880.html)

I've been trying to track down a Freeman in good condition for awhile, it has great local history.(It was the only decal off-brand to be assembled/built in Nashville.) But to my luck I find a nice one all together (maybe missing a needle cup) all the way in Kansas.

I pretty recently had a death in the family, so I can't go on a big adventure for a phonograph... So I just wanted to check the forum if there are any members around the area or if someone knows anybody that travels to Tennessee, or could help in another way. I'd be more than willing to compensate for the time depending on if you're able to.

This probably isn't a good time in my life to get a really obscure off-brand over 600 miles away with no serious value just because I like the history. Still I just wanted the chance and thought it doesn't hurt anything to at least ask.

Thanks everyone, Benjamin.

I also apologize if I'm putting this on the wrong board. I just didn't want to make a wanted ad in the Yankee Trader to make anyone feel inclined. (I just wanted to ask.)
Attachments
Freeman.jpg

cjstoessner
Victor O
Personal Text: James-Gail Co.

Re: Help in Possibly Getting Machine

Post by cjstoessner »

Unfortunately, I can't help in this particular instance. BUT, I had a lead on a nice Freeman machine like the one pictured in my neck of the woods. I followed up yesterday and it had sold. If it had not, I could have transported it to the NC/TN line for you. (I live in and travel throughout all of NC often)

I collect another off brand; Granby. So, I understand the sentimental connection. I will keep my eyes open for you!

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Help in Possibly Getting Machine

Post by Jerry B. »

If someone can get it from Kansas City to Union we will be stopping in Cape Girardeau, MO on our way home. Could you get that far to pick it up? Jerry Blais