Victor Orthophonic reproducer

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
alcupown
Victor Jr

Victor Orthophonic reproducer

Post by alcupown »

Good Afternoon from Florida.
I purchased a Columbia Phonograph and was hoping you can assist me in finding a replacement reproducer. I have attached 2 photos of my current reproducer and its a Victor Orthophonic reproducer. I don't know if these reproducers are replaceable with what I've been seeing on EBAY. Can someone please assist?

Thsnk you,

Hector Serrano
Attachments
Victor Orthophonic
Victor Orthophonic
Victor Orthophonic
Victor Orthophonic

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Re: Victor Orthophonic reproducer

Post by barnettrp21122 »

Hello, and welcome to the forum!
It would be most helpful to post a picture of your Columbia machine, along with the model number if that is available. It would be pretty easy then to determine what reproducers would work best. Your orthophonic reproducer has some serious pot metal issues, but a suitable Columbia replacement shouldn't be too hard to find. Good luck with your project!
Bob
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

alcupown
Victor Jr

Post by alcupown »

Thank you, I attached a pic of the phonograph but cant find anywhere on what Columbia model # it is?
Attachments
IMG_4912.jpg

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

Looks to be in beautiful condition! Refinished?

There were a number of similar looking table top Grafonolas produced by Columbia, but the one that comes the closest that I could spot, after culling through "The Columbia Phonograph Companion, Volume II," is the "Eclipse" model which was introduced in 1912. It's the only one I found that shows the two needle wells--front and back--on the right side of the turntable. Not show in the illustration is the center-font nickel pull-knob. Anyway, according to the description, it was fitted with a Columbia #6 reproducer and a bayonet-joint tonearm.

More images of the Eclipse model showing the correct reproducer and tonearm can be found here: https://www.google.com/search?lr=&biw=1 ... k1Qq1NKizk

Hope this helps,
OrthoFan

alcupown
Victor Jr

Post by alcupown »

Thank You

BassetHoundTrio
Victor I

Post by BassetHoundTrio »

]Greetings from Chicago, where we are watching yesterday's snow melt!

I have a couple of spare soundboxes that I bought for my Victor Credenza - this one is very nice, and plays well. It has the screen (was from a portable Victor) and for some reason, the backs on these don't seem to have the cracking issues. Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers!

Will
alcupown wrote:Good Afternoon from Florida.
I purchased a Columbia Phonograph and was hoping you can assist me in finding a replacement reproducer. I have attached 2 photos of my current reproducer and its a Victor Orthophonic reproducer. I don't know if these reproducers are replaceable with what I've been seeing on EBAY. Can someone please assist?

Thsnk you,

Hector Serrano
Attachments
Orthophonic Back.JPG
Orthophonic Front.JPG