Victor O advice needed.

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
tictalk
Victor II

Re: Victor O advice needed.

Post by tictalk »

HI Ken, I personally would part it out and I know many look down upon parting out machines but I look at it two ways , first, from the amount of time ,effort and dollars to restore a machine that wont be worth what you have in it when complete, second ,when you make original parts available to others so that they may properly resurrect a machine that may have a mint case or just need one nice original part to make it a true historical beauty you are providing an invaluable resource.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

PM sent to jhon.

Jerry B.

jhon
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Victor Machine guy

Post by jhon »

Thank you Jerry B. Your assistance has greatly increased my chance of reviving this machine. You're right, it is a cute little machine, that's why I purchased it. Thanks again.

John

jhon
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Victor Machine guy

More Victor O advice needed.

Post by jhon »

I replaced te governor spring on my new little trinket, but when adjusting the slip, the mainspring sprung in a loud whirr. I can't wind it now, it just spins around. Is this one-spring easy to repair? Alsothe crank does not fit correctly onto the ratchet when assembled. it seems to have a bulge where the slot is and looks like it is cracked. Are there any of these cranks available. My Monarch crank fits it.

Thanks.

John