Horn crane

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Bobm90
Victor Jr

Horn crane

Post by Bobm90 »

Hi all,
I just bought an 11 panel Edison "home" horn for my cylinder player, as usual, I have some questions, is there a particular type of crane to be used with it? I guess I am looking for advice on a proper period correct crane. The horn measures 32 inches long and 23 ½ wide at the tulip end, pictures would help if possible. Thank You in advance for your help.
Bob

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Horn crane

Post by phonogfp »

Beginning in October 1907, Edison Home Phonographs were equipped with the horn you describe plus the Peter Weber-designed horn crane as standard equipment. Here it is as seen in the November 1907 issue of The Talking Machine World (click the image twice to enlarge):
Edisonhorncrane.jpg
Ron Sitko sells a nice reproduction of this Edison crane (for about half of the cost of an original), but he's closed until after New Years Day.

George P.

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

Do you have a ‘Home’ Phonograph?
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

Bobm90
Victor Jr

Post by Bobm90 »

Thank You, phonogfp your reply gave me all that I need to do this correctly, the article you sent along is very informative, I will contact Ron after the start of 2020, enjoy the Holidays, stay well.

Yes John I do Have a "home" model B phonograph.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

You're welcome, Bob. I'm happy to help.

George P.