Edison Gem model A

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
tomb
Victor IV

Edison Gem model A

Post by tomb »

A year ago I got a Edison Gem model A s/n G 92500 and have been trying to find out what I have. I have read both of Flows Edison books and apparently this model A when introduced had over two dozen modifications to it. Mine has a original flat key, green oak case, regular reproducer hole, ID plate on the back, last patent date 1898,banner on the front of the case, and the counter clock wise winding motor. I have added the aftermarket duplex for show. I do not know if this was made in 1901,1902, or 1903. Is this the last modified Gem A ?? or the Gem model A, mod C, subset e, etc. , etc. Tom
Attachments
Edison Gem model A with after market duplex.
Edison Gem model A with after market duplex.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Edison Gem model A

Post by phonogfp »

Tom,

According to Edison sales records, your Gem left the factory in March 1904, making it a relatively late Model A.

George P.

tomb
Victor IV

Re: Edison Gem model A

Post by tomb »

Thanks George... I was going thru the books and figured at least 1903 because of the flat winding key but there seemed to be a lot of changes for that model and I got confused ( NOT unusual ) comparing them. Tom