The Mailman's Coming...!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

The Mailman's Coming...!

Post by phonogfp »

I was informed today that the March 2020 issue of The Antique Phonograph was mailed out on Monday 2/10. A very interesting issue on several counts.

Those who have not yet joined for 2020 should do so!

https://www.antiquephono.org/join-us-home/

George P.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: The Mailman's Coming...!

Post by marcapra »

Where does the mailing occur, as in what state is it coming from?

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

marcapra wrote:Where does the mailing occur, as in what state is it coming from?
Michigan. But don't make any assumptions based on that. The December 2019 issue was received in the UK before anyone in the U.S. received it!

George P.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

phonogfp wrote:
marcapra wrote:Where does the mailing occur, as in what state is it coming from?
Michigan. But don't make any assumptions based on that. The December 2019 issue was received in the UK before anyone in the U.S. received it!

George P.
My March 2020 edition arrived in soggy Somerset this morning. We have only had two dry days so far this month, so I will have plenty of time to read it.

Air mail doubles the cost to UK APS members, but we cannot fault the speed at which the magazines arrive.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

epigramophone wrote:
My March 2020 edition arrived in soggy Somerset this morning. We have only had two dry days so far this month, so I will have plenty of time to read it.

Air mail doubles the cost to UK APS members, but we cannot fault the speed at which the magazines arrive.
I think this same thing happened with the December 2019 issue! Those of us living only a few hundred miles from Michigan will be waiting several more days or a week! :?

George P.

Kirkwood
Victor II

Post by Kirkwood »

The March 2020 arrived in the mailbox today. My thanks to George Paul and Eric Reiss for the tips in their article "Legacy Planning". I have been planning to dispose of the collection while I'm still above ground, but having the info documented "just in case" is a good plan too. Thanks are due as well for the fine tribute to Jasper Sanfilippo---regret that I'd never met him.

vansteem78
Victor II

Post by vansteem78 »

Living here in Chicago and mine arrived yester Feb. 24th. Yes very interesting issued. So happy when it arrives. Neil

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Just got it today! :D

- Bill

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

Today marks the ONE MONTH anniversary of the March 2020 issue being mailed to APS members! :?

Nothing received yet here in western New York State...

George P.

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

Also still waiting in the central US. :?:
Best regards ... AZ*