A huge thank you to Mr. Wyatt Markus

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
dzavracky
Victor IV
Personal Text: college collector

A huge thank you to Mr. Wyatt Markus

Post by dzavracky »

I posted awhile back about how to disassemble my Edison Diamond Disc reproducer. After getting it apart, I ordered a new figure 6 diaphragm from Mr. Markus. He was kind enough to let me install it myself and sent a detailed list of installation instructions. I put the diaphragm in this morning and the difference was night and day when compared with before. The new diaphragm significantly reduced the amount of audible surface noise, and it also brought out an amazing amount of clarity in the highs and lows of each record. Attached below is a picture of the diaphragm as well as a video.If you have a diamond disc machine and haven't rebuilt the reproducer I would highly recommend it.

(I do not know why the video makes it seem like there is a lot of "scratch" to the record. In person there is not as much "scratch")

Thank you Mr. Markus for all your help!

David

(I may have put the grill cloth in upside down again) :roll:
Attachments
2B1D977C-D0A3-4DBB-91E0-C1FF92A8718C.MOV
(60.63 MiB) Downloaded 498 times
edison Diaphragm.JPG

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: A huge thank you to Mr. Wyatt Markus

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

The video sounds like it is running smoothly and you are right, the response is better.

I didn't realize the Figure 6 was made out of paper money, though. That is pretty interesting.