Another when was it made question

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Edison64
Victor Jr

Another when was it made question

Post by Edison64 »

So I finally got my Box of parts put back together and it's in early long case Edison Home serial number H 118800. It seems to be in pretty decent shape considering what it was complete japanning on the bed all nickel parts are in awesome condition that does look like it was professionally converted to 2 and 4 minute also. I'll try to post a picture in the machine later any help you could give would be gratefully appreciated also there is the standard Edison home phonograph D Cal on the front banner style but the lettering is in red. Also I am looking for 4 of the bedplate screes to attach it to the case anyone know rack and find those?
Attachments
20200426_122606.jpg

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Re: Another when was it made question

Post by Lucius1958 »

My Home is #120840, and, according to George Paul's records, left the factory in late 1904.

The red letter decal is odd; as that was a leftover from the "suitcase" Homes, used only on the earliest "New Style" Model As in 1901. Perhaps you have a later mechanism in an earlier case? A photo would help.

- Bill
Last edited by Lucius1958 on Sat May 02, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edison64
Victor Jr

Re: Another when was it made question

Post by Edison64 »

I thought about that as well, but the case for this appears to be totally original, the top does not actually form the top of the case it has a motor board that the bed plate sits on I've been told by some people that it was an early transition machine as you stated from the suitcase to the long case and they were using up parts. I'll post a picture of the machine.