New to Forum

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Enrico
Victor I

Re: New to Forum

Post by Enrico »

oliver wrote:Welcome Enrico and what a magnificent collection you have! Is this one a coin operated Parlophone?
Hi Oliver!
Thank you for your kind message. It is!
I am attacching a picture of the motor where you can see the Parlophone brand.

We put this beautiful machine into operation at an event at the Lyceum Club in Florence three years ago playing The Platters' Only You. It was awesome!

I also have another Parlophon machine that has the decal on the cabinet. However, we changed the horn because it didn't convince us.

Best wishes,
Enrico
Attachments
Parlophon
Parlophon
DSCN1078_2.JPG
Parlophon
Parlophon

oliver
Victor I

Post by oliver »

Enrico wrote:
oliver wrote:Welcome Enrico and what a magnificent collection you have! Is this one a coin operated Parlophone?
Hi Oliver!

We put this beautiful machine into operation at an event at the Lyceum Club in Florence three years ago playing The Platters' Only You. It was awesome!

I also have another Parlophon machine that has the decal on the cabinet. However, we changed the horn because it didn't convince us.

Best wishes,
Enrico

Thank you Enrico for the pictures. Very Impressive machines! I missed one in NY about 10 years ago and always regretted it. I had a hard time making up my mind because the machine was somewhat incomplete and had wood damage + at the time I didn't know much about it....oh well. Have a nice evening.

clarphon
Victor I

Post by clarphon »

Hello and Welcome Enrico,
It's wonderful to see such a collection of interesting phonographs. Most of us are so involved with our American talking machines, that we tend to forget what beautiful models were being created in Europe. Thank you for sharing with us. We look forward to seeing more.

Stan Stanford,
Portland, Oregon

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Wow, Enrico... that must be what heaven looks like! :D

Always did like European machines. My first encounter with this hobby was as a wee lad in my German grandparent's attic in Canton Ohio in the early 1960s, where they had a big German outside horn machine and a bunch of old records I was allowed to play with.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Enrico
Victor I

Post by Enrico »

oliver wrote:
Enrico wrote:
Hi Oliver!

Best wishes,
Enrico
Thank you Enrico for the pictures. Very Impressive machines! I missed one in NY about 10 years ago and always regretted it. I had a hard time making up my mind because the machine was somewhat incomplete and had wood damage + at the time I didn't know much about it....oh well. Have a nice evening.
Do you think my father had five! Now I have three left. These two that I am sharing with you are now at the ICBSA (Central Institute for Sound and Audiovisual Heritage) in Rome and are no longer part of my collection.
Actually they are very nice machines, I understand what you mean.
Have a nice evening.
Attachments
DSCN1075.JPG
DSCN1075_3.JPG
DSCN1080.JPG

Enrico
Victor I

Post by Enrico »

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Being able to be part of this forum is very important for me and I thank you inifitely for the opportunity you have given me.

I greet you with other images. In one, you can see my father in 2003 next to one of his favorite machines: the Kalamazoo Duplex.

Good evening to all from Italy!
Attachments
DUPLEX.jpg
Miraphone
Miraphone
P1050001.JPG
DSCN0976.JPG
DSCN0715.JPG

MTPhono
Victor III

Post by MTPhono »

BEAUTIFUL collection! So many wonderful machines.

I sent you an email about your l'Autophone. Would really like to discuss further. It is only the third that I have ever seen - and the first in the more desirable Edison cabinet. It's also the first setup to play Pathé (vertical) records - the others are setup for 78s (lateral). Being a French machine I am guessing yours is setup correctly. If possible please add a picture of the l'Autophone reproducer.

Thank you - Scott

LShaped
Victor I
Personal Text: Seeking LShaped Door advertising

Post by LShaped »

woaoaoaoaoaoaaoao simply amazin. HOWEVER, you have exceeded the number of Nippers allowed, thus, you must sell 1 to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
nipper.JPG

Enrico
Victor I

Post by Enrico »

LShaped wrote:woaoaoaoaoaoaaoao simply amazin. HOWEVER, you have exceeded the number of Nippers allowed, thus, you must sell 1 to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D I didn't know I broke this rule!
I had not considered selling one but maybe in the next few months I change my mind and let you know!
Thanks,
Enrico

Enrico
Victor I

Post by Enrico »

MTPhono wrote:BEAUTIFUL collection! So many wonderful machines.

I sent you an email about your l'Autophone. Would really like to discuss further. It is only the third that I have ever seen - and the first in the more desirable Edison cabinet. It's also the first setup to play Pathé (vertical) records - the others are setup for 78s (lateral). Being a French machine I am guessing yours is setup correctly. If possible please add a picture of the l'Autophone reproducer.

Thank you - Scott
Ciao Scott!
I got your email and I'll answer you later today.
For now I have this picture for you. Unfortunately, I don't have right now a picture of the front side of the reproducer, I am sorry.
Buona giornata,
Enrico
Attachments
DSCN1129.JPG