Credenza Turntable Felt

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
novkev24
Victor I

Credenza Turntable Felt

Post by novkev24 »

Hi All,

I need to purchase orange/brown turntable felt for my 1927 Credenza. I also need the little round felt pieces for under the lid and the record holder. Can anyone suggest a good source for felt that matches the original? Fabric that is cut to size would be preferable.

Thanks,
Kevin
The purchase of a Genuine Victrola closes the Avenue of Future Regret.

- ANNOUNCEMENT The Victrola Shortage Today (New Castle News, Friday, December, 20, 1918)

Nat
Victor III

Re: Credenza Turntable Felt

Post by Nat »

Home Depot sells little self-sticking felt pads with a peel-off backing that work perfectly. You can find them in the area with all the fasteners, coasters,, etc.

You can probably find the turntable felt on eBay if you input "turntable felt" or "Credenza turntable felt" into the search.

Nat

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

novkev24
Victor I

Post by novkev24 »

Thanks for the links. I came across these posts on eBay as well. As with you, I was hoping someone could suggest a supplier they used before to ensure color match and texture.

- ANNOUNCEMENT The Victrola Shortage Today (New Castle News, Friday, December, 20, 1918)

chem_jv
Victor O

Post by chem_jv »

I have purchased and installed the one that Walt (cyber_tigger) sells. I must say it fit nicely on the turntable. I installed it to replace the badly deteriorated and separating one on my 8-4. It is quite a lot brighter than the original felt, but then again, I have no way of knowing what these orange Orthophonic felts looked like when they were new. I would say that the quality is quite nice, and I really have no complaints.

The ones From JAS are new to eBay, and I was thinking about trying that one out to compare it to Walt’s. I have an 8-12 that I am working on, that would be the intended home. I did order the replacement tone arm support from him, and it has worked out great.

So in my opinion, I think either one would work out just fine as a replacement.

For the case bumpers, what I did. Once I removed the original turntable felt, the underside looked quite a lot nicer than the side that had been exposed. So, I was able to find a nice section and use that to cut my own round pads for the case and record holder.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

Here's a link to an earlier thread suggesting a great resource for felt:
http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... lock#p1919

I purchased some of the green felt and it looks like the original, not as cheesy as some other new felt.
Andreas

novkev24
Victor I

Post by novkev24 »

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the link. The fabric looks nice indeed. The price is good too. I saw the picture in the other thread on how to cut the fabric to size when used on a standard turntable. Since the Credenza platter has the grove in it, I'm not sure how to size the fabric correctly. Perhaps I can use a compass and a pair of scissors? :roll:

Suggestion?

-Kevin

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

Sorry, I don't have a Credenza or any orthophonic machine. Maybe you can use the grove to guide a utility knife with a new blade? Cutting with scissors requires very steady hands to look clean.
Good luck.
Andreas