Pathé Actuelle upright

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Re: Pathé Actuelle upright

Post by drh »

52089 wrote:
drh wrote:I've never taken a close look at one, but now that I peruse the photos I'm thinking it does not have enough clearance between the platter and cabinet to play 14" records. Considering that Pathé issued a fair number of such discs, that shortcoming seems odd. Or is it just a trick of photo perspective?
This is a US machine and I don't recall seeing any 14" discs made by Pathé for the US market. I have seen a handful of larger discs with white labels, but they were not sold to the public.

If you have American Pathé 14 inch disks, please post info, preferably with photos.
Your wish is my command!

The first photo is of a 14" US Pathé with a 12" LP for size comparison. The remainder are photos of several 14" US Pathés, some specifically marked for US sale only and some not. The one in a generic sleeve strikes me as interesting in part because the "sleeve" is a page from an album; I have never seen a 14" generic record storage album but would love to!
Attachments
Pathe-LP.JPG
Pathe collage 1.jpg
Pathe collage 2.jpg
Pathe collage 3.jpg
Pathe collage 4.jpg
Pathe collage 4.jpg (90.03 KiB) Viewed 546 times
Pathe collage 5.jpg

phonogal
Victor IV
Personal Text: Life's Short. Be Happy!

Post by phonogal »

I was asked for a picture of the entire turntable area.
Attachments
C5698DD4-4966-4412-8CDD-52BF3804FABA.jpeg
C5698DD4-4966-4412-8CDD-52BF3804FABA.jpeg (25.38 KiB) Viewed 518 times

phonogal
Victor IV
Personal Text: Life's Short. Be Happy!

Post by phonogal »

There are many differences in just the few machines that I have so far added to my database. Here is another oddity of this machine. It has only 5 oval cutouts instead of six.
Attachments
image.jpg