Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Project VV-XII machine

Post by Curt A »

That looks like a machine that was shipped by UPS... :lol:
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

I've gotten a little bit more work done on the machine. Rizbone was very kind to send me a few loose ends that he found in his workshop, including the brake and 3 motor board hold downs. Things have been wild with the return of the fully virtual school year, but I had just enough time to try my hand at a veneer patch. This is my very first attempt, and while the color match isn't great, a little sanding will hopefully make it look presentable when it is stained to match. Thankfully, this is the worst area in need of patching and it is in the back. I need to sort out the little bit of missing trim to the left of the piece, and then the next major project is to rebuild the front corner and begin the refinish. Again this is my first attempt at a project of this scale, so mistakes will be made and I appreciate any and all guidance you all share.
Attachments
finished
finished
IMG_5198.jpg (95.65 KiB) Viewed 459 times
clamped
clamped
62299926150__EA4C1E0E-379B-4911-AC19-224447A45C1F.jpg (105.69 KiB) Viewed 459 times
before
before

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

For the missing bit of bead molding, do an internet search for "bead scraper". It's a fairly simple process that allows you to make just about any bead molding you might need.

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

Thanks Jerry, I'll get a look at that.