Anybody has a HMV No.2 Catalogue / Roberto Bauer book?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Starkton
Victor IV

Re: Anybody has a HMV No.2 Catalogue / Roberto Bauer book?

Post by Starkton »

transformingArt wrote: The information on the dead wax area reads; "09225", "25673r (or f?)".
Thank you for the numbers. With it I was able to find "The Conundrum" in the ledgers.

The mx. actually is z5673f. It was recorded by Will Gaisberg on November 2, 1911 in London. Performers are: Thorpe Bates, Joseph Cheetham and Harry Fay, accompanied by an unnamed orchestra. In fact there are four titles which are identical to those posted on youtube: Because, Ho jolly Jenkin, I want to sing in opera, Grizzly bear rag.

Gaisberg recorded two takes, but only the second was issued under cat. no. 09255. Verily, it was a bad joke to combine it with the Gas shell bombardment.

gramophone78
Victor VI

Re: Anybody has a HMV No.2 Catalogue / Roberto Bauer book?

Post by gramophone78 »

Thanks for the info Starkton.Funny,all this time I thought "typewriter" was on the label.... :roll: :lol:.However,I did not know that these are called "pre-dog".I'm sure that this color is fairly common in the UK & Europe.As I said it's the only light green I have bought.Now I WANT to find my conundrum record.If I only knew where it is.......I bet I'm the only collector that has this problem... :oops: :lol:.